I too have been contacted by Holiday Ownership Advisory about a a Holiday Club we bought into in 2006 (we've been scammed to put it simply!) telling me that they can put our claim for compensation to the Spanish courts on 18th October 2010. We would have to pay £40 to them as a non refundable payment for telephone calls, cups of coffee etc (they are a voluntary company). We would also have to make a one-off payment of £925 to pay for the translator. This payment would be refunded to us once the claim is settled and if for any reason it didn't go to court, the money would be still be refunded....I would be able to claim it back from my credit card company quoting section 75. I too was also extremely sceptical and my gut instinct tells me that this is a scam! Everything you read tells you that if it's a cold call asking for money up front, then its a scam. I've since contacted the company and told them not to contact me again. It will be interesting to see if my gut instinct was correct....I'm sure time will tell!!