Please can you help me? I signed a 11 month rental contract in August 2008 on a Spanish property, which was renewed for 16 months until 15th October 2010 in July 2009 and signed by myself, and the wife of the owners (not both of them).

I thought this was a fixed contract until October, but they want to put it for sale and have viewings and have said if I don´t allow it, they will give me 2 month´s notice now. If I do allow it, they will give me 2 month´s notice when they get a buyer. It is very inconvenient for me to move out before the Autumn as planned and I don´t want to allow strangers in the house with my furniture and valuables (not theirs - it was unfurnished).

I have been told that as I have been there over 12 months and always paid the rent on time and signed the contract according to the Tenancy Law 1994, they cannot do this and I could stay for up to 5 years?? (but I wouldn´t do that)

Can I say that I insist on staying until October and the end of the contract and do not wish strangers to enter the house, while I am paying 800 euros per month for its use?

Thank you