Hello Denise,

You can consider the tenant eviction after the first unpaid monthly rent. However, the only way to evict a tenant that does not pay the rent is by court order. Usually, the process takes about two months.

Some landlords will send a registered fax to the tenant ( out of court) claiming the payment of the rental debt, and if there is no reply from the tenant within a month, the landlord can request the eviction process at court takes place and the tenant will have to leave the property even if he finally pays the due rent. That means that a landlord has two options, depending on the final intentions; If the intention is to recover his money and keep the tenant in the property, he can send a registered letter and immediately after file the eviction process; if the tenant pays within the month, the tenant will remain in the property as the process will be finished. If the rent is not paid, the landlord can start the eviction process. That is, If the landlord preferred that the tenant leaves even if the due rent is paid, he will have to wait for a month since the registered letter is sent.

I recommend you to hire a lawyer that can prepare the Registered letter, after reading the contract and confirming when the tenant is defaulting on payments.

Please contact me by email if you wish to discuss further. You will find my email by clicking on my profile.

Regards,