Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Buying Property In Spain Part I. Buying Resale: Avoiding the Pitfalls

Nicholas

Default Buying Property In Spain Part I. Buying Resale: Avoiding the Pitfalls

This is the discussion thread for the article Buying Property In Spain Part I. Buying Resale: Avoiding the Pitfalls

--

I am a property owner in spain , since january 2008, I was paying 756 euros every months, Now is not easy with me i call my bank asking them that i am give the house for rent for 400euros the bank has me to go ahead, yet they still ask me to come to court, can i have an advise from you sir?

Dear Sir,

Can you please expand more on your query.

Are you asking us advice on being repossessed in Spain?

Yours faithfully,

Lawrence Coppen

Default Buying Property In Spain Tips Part I. Buying Resale: Avoiding the Pitfalls

My bank has repossessed my spanish property for non payment of mortgages without notifing me can they do this.

Dear Mr Coppen

No they cannot.

A Spanish lender will have notified you legally by recorded delivery only to the Spanish address which has the mortgage against it. Failing that through the law courts.

Even if they have your UK address and they mail you regularly overseas at no time will they notify you legally of the start of repossession proceedings other than the Spanish address.

Yours sincerely
    Raymundo LarraĆ*n Nesbitt

daniel robinson

Default Buying Property In Spain Tips Part I. Buying Resale: Avoiding the Pitfalls

we entered into a sale purchase contract on the 4th Sept with paying a 10% deposit totalling 9500 euros for a property in torrevieja. It clearly states the sale will take place before the 30th Nov 2010.
    It is now nearly mid marcmajorityh 2011 and we are no further on, we keep getting fobbed off and would like to pull out. what are our rights?