Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Convert title

Henkk

Default Convert title

Dear all,

I was advised by a friend to post my question on this forum since you have been very helpful to my friend.

My question is concerning validation of my law diploma. I hold a bachelor degree (LLB) in dutch law and in the Netherlands in order to work as a lawyer we need a masters degree (LLM) with a so called "civil effect". However I do not hold this diploma. I would like to know if whether it is still possible for me to convert my LLB to a spanish diploma in order for me to practice law here, or that i have to pass an exam in order to do this, or that it is not possible at all and that I need a dutch LLM first.

Regards and thanks a lot in advance.

Dear Sir or Madam,

We do not really provide advice on homologating degrees or studying law in Spain. It's a subsection of our forum aimed at those wishing to immigrate to Spain and the related queries they may have.

We have however replied to similar queries previously, please browse the following threads:

Studying Law in Spain (in Spanish) ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
    Unregistered

homolgate your degree to spain
    sarahmorrison

how can i study law master in spanish?
    Henno

Studying law in Spain
    firas

I suggest you contact Spain's Ministry of Education which are the ones who will be homologating your diploma.

Yours sincerely,