Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Residence and Citizenship

Hybrid View

Hi Alfrek,

With regards to your first question unfortunately I am not able to help. You need to prove that you are of Sephardic descent but as to the documentation required, I cannot say. I would recomend that in order to find out, you contact your nearest Sephardic congregation or even the one in Spain. Your closest Spanish Consulate might also be able to help.

No, the Spanish civil code does not contemplate the US as a former colony.

I am not sure of what you mean by former qualifications? I don't quite understand...
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

sks

Default change resident

i have lithunian student temporary residence and i left lithunian country now i am in spain i don,t want to counvert in spainsh resedence what can i do?

Hi Sks,

Unfortunately I don't understand your post.

Being Lithuanian you are part of the European Union and you can therefore reside and work freely in Spain. Anyone who spends more than 183 days per year in Spain becomes fiscally resident in this country. Does this answer your query?
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

dear marta,

I am non European but have long term residency EU in Hungary i would like to move to Spain and get marriage and have residency and nationality
    is it effect the process of residency if i show to police station that i have European Union residency in Hungarian and how long it will take to have residency?
    would you be so kind tell me how many residency we have and which i have to apply that can help me for my nationality by marriage?
    thanks a lot
    wait for replay

Dear Shajar,

Those individuals holding a long term residency status in another EU country can enter Spain without a visa and spend 6 months in the country. If you are seeking residency in Spain, you will have to apply for a work and residence permit at the corresponding immigration office while on a regular status in Spain. If the application is related to a salaried work and residence permit, you will have to provide with a work contract and a certificate issued by the unemployment office that certifies there were no unemployed Spanish residents available to take the job; that is, that the current employemnt situation in Spain will be considered. These permits are rarely granted these days due to the high unemployment rate in Spain. If the work permit you need is related to a self employed activity, you will have to provide with a business plan and proof of sufficient funds available to invest ( currently set around 100.000 Euros ).

You mention that you may also get married, but do not specify the nationality of your partner. If he/she is an EU citizen residing in Spain, you could apply for a Residence card as a relative to an UE citizen once married. If he/she is an non EU citizen with legal residency in Spain, you would then be able to apply for a family reunion permit once married. The validity of each permit varies; five years in the first case and, in the second case, it will depend on the validity and type of residence permit your partner holds.

Generally speaking, Spanish Citizenship can be applied for after 10 years of legal residency in Spain. This period is reduced in the event you become a relative of a Spanish citizen or meet other specific requirements ( Latin american origins, born in Spain, etc ).

As you can see there are various options for residency depending on your personal circumstances and future plans in Spain, so I recommend you to get the legal advice of an immigration expert that can assist in deciding which type of permit application suits your specific needs and how to start the process.

Please feel free to contact me by e-mail by clicking on my profile if you wish to discuss your particular case.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile