Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Filipino Wanting Spanish Citizenship

Quote Originally Posted by renzo View Post
    Hi Patricia

so this is what i read so far.
    1. need 26k euro to show to the authority that you can sustain living in spain
    2. it doesnt have to be full 730 days(2 years). just need 185 days per year for 2 years

my question is:
    1. that 185 days per year, can i split it like every 2 months i come and go to spain? or it has to be straight 185 days?
    2. im in UAE right now and my family is in Philippines. can i get a citizenship for me first and do a "Petition" for my family? or will they be automatically get the spanish passport too? the kids are under 18 years

my plan is i wont be resigning from my job here in UAE if i can split those 185 days that my current employer can agree to.
    Hello Renzo,

The 183 days per year do not need to be continuous; you can leave every two months if needed.

In response to your second question, note that you will be able to apply for their nationality ( of they live abroad) once you are already a Spanish national, via the Option route, if by then they are under 20 years old. Your wife cannot be included. She need to reside in Spain first and meet the requirements.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hello Renzo,

The 183 days per year do not need to be continuous; you can leave every two months if needed.

In response to your second question, note that you will be able to apply for their nationality ( of they live abroad) once you are already a Spanish national, via the Option route, if by then they are under 20 years old. Your wife cannot be included. She need to reside in Spain first and meet the requirements.

Regards,

Hi patricia

thanks for replying. so my wife will do the same 2 years process then.

its relieving that i can split those 183 days. you are really helpful

thanks

Ana

Hi Patricia,

I'm a Filipino married to an EU national and we are based in the UAE. My parents in law are residing in Spain. I have an existing schengen visa valid for 5 years. I want to get a non lucrative visa so the times I spent in Spain during summer vacations and holidays can go towards getting my citizenship. I will be splitting my time between Spain and the UAE. I'm a housewife and doesn't have a bank account under my name.

- Do I have to cancel my Schengen visa in order to apply for the NL visa? Am I allowed to travel to other EU countries while under the NL visa?
    - for the €25k amount needed, can I just use my husband's bank account to show this as he will be the one supporting me anyway? If I need to open an account under my name, will they accept it if it only shows one transaction for the transfer of the said amount?
    - can I use my parents in law's address for my residency?

Thank you!

P.S sorry, I forgot to put thank you

Regards,
    Ana

Hello Ana,

You can apply for the Non Lucrative residence permit even if you have a schengen visa for 5 years. Note that in order to keep your residence status once you obtain the permit, you need to spend at least 6 months per year in Spain. The NL residence permit will indicate you are a spanish resident and therefore you can travel within the Schengen area and stay there for 90 days within a period of 180.
    When applying for the permit, you will need to prove you have sufficient sources of income. If you are dependent on your husband, you will have to prove regular transfers into your account (spanish or foreign account). You can certainly use your parents´ in law´s address for your residence permit application.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Hello Patricia,

I am a Filipino and I am planning to apply for a non-lucrative visa to live in Spain with my family and then eventually apply for citizenship after the 2 year required residency period. I do have several questions

1. Will it be ok to tell the Spanish consular officer of my ultimate intention, which is to acquire citizenship, in applying for the non-lucrative visa?

2. Regarding the minimum days of stay in Spain, will it be ok if I stay in Spain for straight 7 months then come back to the Philippines for 4 months then back to Spain again to repeat the cycle? Will staying out of Spain for 4 months a year affect my citizenship application the future?

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Hello Mark,

You can be honest and tell the embassy officers that you want to relocate to Spain as the final intention is to obtain the Spanish nationality, but do not indicate it as the only reason as this will make them think you will not effectively reside there.

You need to be sure that you spend at least 6 months in Spain per year ( count 6 months back starting the last date of entry in Spain when you file for the renewal application).

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hello Mark,

You can be honest and tell the embassy officers that you want to relocate to Spain as the final intention is to obtain the Spanish nationality, but do not indicate it as the only reason as this will make them think you will not effectively reside there.

You need to be sure that you spend at least 6 months in Spain per year ( count 6 months back starting the last date of entry in Spain when you file for the renewal application).

Regards,

so the 2 years requirement is just 1 year? (6 months per year?)

or if i want to stay every 6 months per year, i will do this for 4 years to complete the 2 year stay?

Renzo,

You need to complete 2 years residency and spend at least 6 months per year in Spain.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Hello Patricia,

Thank you so much for your reply. I do have one more question. My children are ages 2,4,8,11. Assuming we have all complied with the 2 year residency in Spain together, can all my children also apply for the citizenship? Assuming they are still minors by then.

Best Regards,
    Mark