Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: How to get permanent residence card under Regimen Comunitario

Your Message

Click here to log in

What is two added to six?


You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Additional Options

  • Will turn into [URL][/URL].

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • 03-28-2019, 12:27 PM

    You mention you wish to appeal, but on what grounds? If you cannot meet the minimum financial criteria the authorities have a right to reject the renewal.

    The regulations require that you provide with a copy of your work contract and vida laboral, not mentioning the minimum IPREM.

    We need to check the documentation in order to offer an accurate advice.

  • 03-26-2019, 04:10 PM
    Hello Patricia,
    I am a turkish citizen married to a Spaniard. My husband is a student and I work. But our income doesn't reach up to IPREM and for this reason my application to the residence card was denied. I don't tink that our economic situation is going to get better in the next couple of months and without this card, I won't be able to work neither. Which steps shpuld we follow? If I appeal to the appeal and take it to one step further before juzgado, will I have any chance to get my card?
  • 03-25-2019, 11:56 AM
    Hello Frankigho92,

    You can file the renewal application at any time either two months before expiry or three months after. This means you are now in a position to renew it if you like ( since the 19th March ).

  • 03-21-2019, 10:35 PM
    hello Patricia,
    i am living in Madrid, but working in an island, i am married to a Bulgaria woman, my regimem comunitario expire in May 19TH 2019, i want to know if it's possible to make a renew one week to the expiration of my document, please advise what's best for me to do. hope to hear from you soon, thanks
  • 12-03-2018, 02:02 PM
    Hello ,

    You can file the renewal application online, via the sede electronica, that is the electronic registration system the Immigration Office offers for that end. However, you may have to travel to Spain to get the certificado de empadronamiento, that is one of the required documents. Once the application is approved, you will have to travel to Spain and formalize the fingerprint at the relevant Police Station.

    Note that an absence of more 12 consecutive months can lead to the cancellation of your card. If the authorities see evidences of that, they may reject your application. You would have the option to appeal based on your personal circumstances, if that happened.

    Please feel free to contact us should you require further information.

  • 12-02-2018, 01:36 AM

    I have a Regimen Comunitario (my wife is German) that expires in February 2019. I lived in Spain for 3 years but returned to the USA because of the health of my mother. I want to return to Spain in the future to live full time so I don't want my card to expire. Do i need to go to Spain to renew? Thanks
  • 09-25-2018, 03:55 PM

    Note that the UK is not part of the Schengen area, so you will still need to check with the UKBA what are the requirements to enter UK considering your nationality and residence status in another EU country.

    You need to check whether you meet the requirements for the residence card as the relative of an EU national application, as the fact that your father has a Spanish passport is not the only requirement; there are others. If you are over 18, you would have to prove you are his/her dependent and also prove you are both residing in Spain. However, you mention your father resides in the UK.

    Feel free to drop us an email if you need to discuss your particular case in detail.

  • 09-24-2018, 01:21 PM
    Hello I want to ask if I have to comunitario of Spain because my dad is a Spanish passport but he now reside in the uk, can I also go to the uk with my comunitario residents card without a visa to join my dad
  • 02-24-2018, 07:59 AM
    Mina Mohsen
    Thanl you so much Patricia!!
  • 02-02-2018, 03:15 PM
    Hello Mina

    You just need to apply for a short stay visa indicating you are the relative of a Spanish citizen that resides in Spain. You will have to prove the family relationship via a marriage certificate. You will easily get a visa to travel to Spain, based in the EU regulations concerning free movement of EU citizens within the EU, as well as their relatives; Directive 2004/38/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004 on the right of citizens of the Union and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States amending Regulation (EEC) No 1612/68 and repealing Directives 64/221/EEC, 68/360/EEC, 72/194/EEC, 73/148/EEC, 75/34/EEC, 75/35/EEC, 90/364/EEC, 90/365/EEC and 93/96/EEC.

    Once in Spain, you can file the residence card application as the relative of an EU citizen. This application is filed in person at the correspondin Immigration Office of the province where you will be settling. You can find more information here.

This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts