PDA

View Full Version : Company Law Direct: Another bogus law firm?

Jack
02-02-2010, 04:58 PM
I have been approached by the above Company who are persuing a claim against Resort Properties. Can you please give an opinion as to whether or not they are genuine? Their address is;-

Calle Levante 14p, Apartado 6, Puerto Depotivo
29680 Estepona,
Malaga, Spain.

Web Site is www.companylawdirect.co.uk

Any information you can provide would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Lawbird Lawyer
02-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Dear Sir,

This is becomning a rather dull and repetitive task.

"Company Law Direct" are not a genuine Spanish law firm, no.

This company, which uses a UK internet domain (".CO.UK"), is supposedly based and operating in Estepona from what you write because I cannot find any information on their website:

1. No address
2. No lawyer's names (in fact no-one is mentioned)
3. No phone numbers
4. No fax numbers

Etc.

Strange way to do business.

The website was registered on the 7th December 2009, so it's barely 2 months old.

They are again contacting you using cold-calls. Legitimate Spanish law firms never cold-call potential clients. In the more than 11 years we've been around companies that follow this modus operandi have always turned out to be scams without exception.

The wording used in the "about us" and "timeshare" sections is identical to that used by two other bogus law firms which are sadly regulars in our own forum (just copy and paste into Google's search engine their wording):

First Legal Services (http://www.marbella-lawyers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=585)

Rodriguez, Fernando and Sharpierez (http://www.marbella-lawyers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=983)

My advise is do not pay them any funds.

Please browse my article on bogus Spanish law firms:

Public Warning.-Scammers passing themselves off as Spanish lawyers and law firms (http://www.marbella-lawyers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382)- 13th March 2009

Yours faithfully,
Raymundo LarraĆ*n Nesbitt

Unregistered
03-09-2010, 11:26 PM
Hello

I have just read the letter regarding to Company Law Direct firm and have regrettably paid them some money to pursue a case on our behalf against a Spanish developer. Since paying them we have had little contact from them. I was just wondering if they is a further update that anyone could let us know as we now are realising that this was a bogus firm.

Many thanks for a response.

Kerena Pugh

Lawbird Lawyer
03-11-2010, 10:46 AM
I'm sorry to hear your case.

My advise is that before you hire any company located in Spain (or for that matter anywhere else) you google them first. You won't believe how many times on following this simple advise you will save yourself money and headaches.

Yours faithfully,

tuppence
08-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Companylawdirect.co.uk has closed down its web site and also the company has renamed at Companies House, UK as Globus Green Ltd.
The have a registered address in the UK which is a Newsagents in Kent.
There has been no activity as yet by the new director of the company but her details can be obtained via Companies House.
The old address given as Calle Levante 14p, Apartado 6, Puerto Deportivo, 29680 Estepona, Malaga, Spain is also being used a campany www.kimberleyltd.co.uk a timeshare sale and resale company.
Kimberleyltd did have an address at 1c Brickmakers, Castle Road, Sittingbourne Kent but have recently taken this address of the web site.
This address was being used by several timeshare scam companies but are at present assisting the local police to close these companies down.

Unregistered
09-08-2010, 11:14 AM
A reply to 2 pence or should it be one and a half pence, as they do not seem to be a full coin, why do people try to tie bogus Spanish companies to English companies, do they not realise the danger of being registered in England and running a (scam) Spanish company.
The British police would be down on you like a ton of bricks.
I can understand the advice to Google a company for information, but please learn how to read it and use it, and before you post anything on a forum make sure its true.
If you check with companies house you will see that any registered company has to declare overseas connections, so how did you make the connection about this company, as for the statement their address is a Newsagent, (wish I had one of those buzzers that goes Uhuh) it is actually a business centre called the Forum in Burges Hill, or on the other hand they could a mobile phone retailer from Finland (but this does not fit your little scenario does it), as for Kimberly Ltd their address is 8 HAVEN CRESCENT FAREHAM HAMPSHIRE PO14 3JX not the one you conjured up and again an English registered company.
But lets not just have a go at one and a half pence.
There are other glaring mistakes (or are they malicious concoctions) posted by other nice but dim people (all who hide behind aliases, what is it, the fear of reprisals), lets look at First Legal Services. Yes there is an English registered company of this name but they are a firm of debt collectors (maybe one and a half pence should have a word with them to see if they can collect the other half pence). So there are glaring mistakes ( no I will not say mal*****s again) in this forum which I will not point out at this time (it would probably double the forum size if I did) but a note to the controllers of this forum PLEASE REQUEST ALL SUBSCRIBERS TO CHECK THEIR FACTS FIRST OR TO PUT THEIR REAL NAME ON THEIR POST AND STAND UP AND BE COUNTED.

I have entered as a guest, and I hope that something can be learned from this post, I have certainly learned something from visiting this forum.
Lets not use the Internet for mindless or malicious drivel (sorry I said it again)

Yours

A well meaning and enlighten person

PS
and before you ask yes I have worked for some of these companies before and have now learned my lesson, so that does qualify me to make these comments, I have seen how they work and it is not something they would get away with as an English registered company

tuppence
10-19-2010, 02:09 PM
Ref the reply to my thread re Company(Law Direct) Ltd and www.kimberleyltd.co.uk. Firstly, Company (Law Direct) Ltd and a fraudulent company operating in the UK and Spain and are being investigated by the Uk Police. They are shortly to be struck off Companies House. The so called directors of this company have also registed another company, Direct Law Haywards Heath Limited. The above 2 so called law companies have no standing in the UK and are not registered with the Law Society. They are fraudulent. As are the persons connected to them.
In relationto www.kimberleyltd.co.uk this is an advance fee timeshare resale fraud and again is being investigated by UK Police.
Both companies are taking fees from normally elderly victims who have no use of a Timeshare that was bought back in the 80s and 90s. They cold call the victim and convince the victim they are a legitimate company. These persons who do this are the lowest of the low who live on the misery or elderly trusting persons. As for the below reply it seems to me that this person is connected to the scam companies mentioned above. I am quite prepared to give my full details as I have done with Belegal.com who I have had email contact and who knwo my credentials. I also have a list of other scammers that are being investigated by police.