PDA

View Full Version : Harrasment by appartment president

Unregistered
01-19-2010, 08:27 PM
I am not the owner of this property, the appartment in Spain belongs to my parents.

Like the many of English buyers, my parents bought an appartment in a small Spanish town around 6 years ago. One gentleman settled in to one of the larger appartments very quickly and became very familiar with the other residets in the block. He then became the president and helped to arrange the meetings, maintenence etc.

The majority of people in this block have bought for summer retirement holidays and rental. After a year of drama amoungst all residents and tenants it became clear that the 'president' was causing alot of trouble. This became clear after i visited for a holiday myself. I explained my version of events and voiced my concerns to my parents (as he did not know i was her daughter) My parents then realised that the problem with 'unlucky tenants' was not quite as it seemed.

To cut a long story short i will give you some examples. This 'president' has vandalised apartments following complained about him, costing a great deal of expensise for people. Pushed the elderly cleaner down the stairs, physically pushed other residents, makes complaints to the local police or agent regarding any noise or non existent problems for families or youngsters. The police and agent have had numerous complaints, one linked to the apartment) even tried to burn his appartment down causing cost to all residents.

My parents have given up renting, and no longer enjoy visiting. The agent in charge of the appartments have done nothing and have had 20+ complaints. The police want evidence - all these complaints and an attempt to burn down his appartment is not sufficient!! The cctv is ran by the president so, well no need to say any more. He smashed the last one put up by a resident. (no proof again) Most people are scared of him. He has attempted to make a rule of no renting so it seems when this did not go his way he would get nasty. He is just about the only one who lives there permanently - with his wife and two children!! strange really, big muscly 40 year old living in a remote part of spain with his family and none of them work. It is very very dodgy and the police seem to be protecting him. We have always thought witness protection but he's not exactly keeping a low profile.

Ok anyway, sorry for ranting story. so upset for my parents who are now struuggling to pay the mortgage on a property they can't enjoy. The apartment has been vandalised again last week. Is there ANYTHING that can be done? anyone had a similar experience. I am planning on getting on the phone tomorrow and doing something about this!