PDA

View Full Version : boyfriend and girlfriend registration

rashed090
12-30-2009, 01:55 AM
Is there any immigration law like boyfriend and girlfriend living together registration in Spanish law. And how does it work? If someone out of Europe.

Marta
12-30-2009, 12:52 PM
If you are married or registered as a common law couple with an EU citizen you will be entitled to a permit called:' tarjeta de residencia de familiar comunitario'. On the other hand if your partner is not a EU citizen you will need to request family regrouping permit; 'residencia por reagrupación familiar'.

rashed090
12-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Hello marta,
Thanks for the reply.
i am from out of Europe and i am student in Uk. Still i am studying so i need to stay in london. But my girlfriend from Spain and she is student as well. So she needs to live in Spain. Is it possible to get registration like boyfriend and girlfriend. In this case if i stay in London and she stays in Spain after get the registration.
rashed

Marta
01-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Dear Rashed

There is no immigration law for your situation. Only marriage or being registered as a common law couple will be taken into account.

roydabest
01-16-2010, 05:39 PM
Hi Dear Sir/Madam

I am a young Cameroonian. I am in Spain but I entered the territory ILLEGALLY because I have been threatened in my family for the fact that I am married to a white girl! They are racists and they hate that. Just my Brother helped me to runaway from them. As for now my wife would like to come here and also look for a job here so we an leave here. What are my wife's chances and mines to get a residence permit under the fact that I am married to an EU/Schengen woman.
What kind of procedures my wife and I should follow? Thak you for the advices
Thank you for answering sir.
Best Regards

Marta
03-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Hi Roydabest,

I am a little confused by your e-mail.

If you are married to a EU citizen why did you enter Spain illegally? Why did you not request a visa at the Spanish Consulate?

You also mention that your wife would like to come here (I assume Spain).Where is she currently living and what prevents her from coming to this country?

Please note that as the spouse of a EU citizen you are entitled to apply for the ‘tarjeta de residencia de familiar comunitario’. However in order to do so your wife will need to be living in Spain, and have requested her residence permit previously, amongst other requirements.

I would be grateful if you could explain further as the situation does not make much sense, unless of course you have more than one wife. I believe polygamy is possible in Cameroon. Please correct me if I am wrong.

ilegal
06-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Hallo marta. I am leaving in spain now but my work permit has expired and i have not yet renewed it. It last expired january and now is about five months.How can i renew it? Is it possible to renew it if i have a contract to work again?I have my certificate of emperdonamiento that i had it from decemebr last year.Can this certificate in any case help me?

Patricia
09-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Dear Ilegal,

You should have renewed your permit three months after it had expired the latest. Once that period has passed, you cannot renew it unless you can prove that you have been unable to file the application due to force majeure or circumstances beyond your control. Otherwisem you will need to apply for a residency by settlement. As you have been in an illegal situation for less than a year, and provided you can submit all the requested documentation, you will not have major problems to get it resloved possitively. The certificado de empadronamiento and a work contract are key documents for the residency by settlement application.

Regards,

popo
11-14-2011, 04:19 PM
hi martha, my bf is a residence card holder in spain,and im living in the phils. i wanted to live with him in spain.he was separated to her wife. can he apply for the "tarjeta de residencia de familiar comunitario" once his citizenship release?

Marta
11-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Correct. Once he is a Spanish citizen, and you are married or are registered as in common law relationship, will be able to apply for this permit. Otherwise, a family regrouping permit will need to be requested.

popo
11-16-2011, 05:25 PM
thanks martha! by the way, what is the family regrouping permit? and where can we request this?