PDA

View Full Version : Non payment of Community Fee by developer

Lorraine1963
11-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Dear Sir/Madam
We are looking for some advice on the following.

Our community is in its second year (so still learning), there are a total of 25 units within our urbanisation on La Finca Golf, Algorfa, Costa Blanca.

5 of the units are unsold and are owned by the delevopers (Quara).

The problem we are having is that the developers are not paying their fees , we have a 20% late payment penalty fee, but this does not seem to be encouraging the payment.

Because of this non/late payment, the community will be in a situation where there are inssufficient funds to pay the monthly outgoings in 4 months time!

The community had an EGM where legal action was voted for against the developers, so far this has been in the form of a burofax, with a 15 day response (which has now elapsed).

What I would like to know is what happens next, after the burofax etc, and what costs may be involved.

I know your probably say that our administrators should answer all this, but they were recommended by the developers, and they dont seem to be acting very quickly.

I look forward to your response

Lawbird Lawyer
01-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Dear Madam,

You will now need to enforce your legal threat and sue them.

The costs vary depending on the amounts claimed and what you agree with your lawyer. A standard legal fee for this service would be approx 4,000€.

Yours faithfully,