PDA

View Full Version : Ocean View Properties

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Unregistered
07-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Yes this is true, you can do it all yourself to save the fees. I know several people though who were introduced to OVP by Estate Agents here in the UK who were selling international property. Lots of these purchasers used life savings rather than remortgaging their homes.
The FSCS probably won't handle these claims so I imagine it's easier to get a company to claim for you.
The Estate Agents who introduced are significant in this situation.

Unregistered
08-26-2014, 04:47 PM
I happen to know the address of Mr Colin Thomas... Would anyone be interested?

Ollie Reel
11-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Hi all
I am/was an investor in Estepona and Punta Perla , two of OVP and Miranda's developments and have tried for years every avenue possible to retrieve some of my hard earned deposits. I am also involved with a group of over 100 investors who have taken these crooks to court in Spain. The best news I ve had in years landing through my letter box la couple of weeks ago from the FSCS who have awarded myself and my wife the maximum they can payout to a couple of 100 k. This would not have been possible without the help of Mick Coyne. Ben Pardlow and Peter O Donnell of the Mortgage Claims Bureau whom I've seen post here in this blog. I will happily pay them the 25% plusVAT as this time last year I had no hope and could see no way of retrieving some money. These guys are very good and I'd advise any of you thinking of going it alone to save yourself a few pound as one poster recommended - you have no chance - these guys have the top barristers and lawyers in the Uk working for them and that is how they have managed to win my claim.
The process is very simple , just contact them - fill in a few forms - get your paperwork together ie bank statements , letter from brokers and also talk to them as they will guide you through the process. It works and like me in 6 months time you could be a lot happier. For OVP investors there is no time to waste because if you don't make a claim in next few months you will miss out due to the 6 year rule for claiming ie next May is cut off point and you would need your forms in before Christmas.
You should contact Mortgage claims bureau ASAP - see their website or phone - 00441903868251
good luck!

Unregistered
11-05-2014, 01:16 PM
I could really do with some information on this guy. Please call me on 01845 574637. Thanks

have you got any news on the development?

Unregistered
11-28-2014, 12:43 PM
It's a shame that the solicitors who are working on the case are not keeping it fresh in the media. Seems to of lost all momentum at the moment. Time to get these crooks back in the limelight. It's not over yet.

Unregistered
11-28-2014, 12:44 PM
Ignore title of last post. Stupid security code!

dannyderek
01-15-2015, 09:19 AM
Good Post , Thanks for sharing ... :)

Unregistered
06-16-2015, 08:03 AM
Anyone got the latest information on the case going through the Spanish courts?

Nancyree
02-09-2016, 04:24 PM
I need an advice. My fiance wants to divorce his wife but she is asking for all his property. Before she can sign divorce. If not she will not sign. Is this normal in Spain wife taking anything the man owns . if want to divorce?

paulnick
07-04-2016, 09:19 AM
This may be of interest to those who lost their deposit?????

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/jul/04/spain-uk-holiday-home-buyers-reclaim-lost-money-banks-liable (https://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/jul/04/spain-uk-holiday-home-buyers-reclaim-lost-money-banks-liable)

Unregistered
01-03-2017, 06:27 PM
I see there is no update for a couple of years now ? what is the latest developments on this , I invested 90,000 euros into this ?

Unregistered
01-09-2017, 11:49 PM
I see there is no update for a couple of years now ? what is the latest developments on this , I invested 90,000 euros into this ?

It seems the scum have got away with it , CT still got his mansion , two properties In Aberdovey businesses In His wife's name amazing isn't it

Unregistered
01-31-2017, 05:31 PM
Is it not possible for Lawbord to create a forum so that those impacted can discuss with each other?

Unregistered
02-01-2017, 02:16 PM
Have got a few clients who invested in Spanish property through OVP and have all lost money and are still looking to get some or all of it back through the Spanish courts or the FSCS .
We have made contact with a Spanish law firm who have recently been successful in recovering lost deposits for individuals who suffered losses investing through OVP.
It is vital if you intend to try and recover lost monies, that you have all correspondence and documents relating to the transaction. This will greatly help your case.
Most firms do it on a no win no fee basis but be very wary of firms who ask for an upfront payment before they get involved with your case.

aflores
02-01-2017, 07:51 PM
Have got a few clients who invested in Spanish property through OVP and have all lost money and are still looking to get some or all of it back through the Spanish courts or the FSCS .
We have made contact with a Spanish law firm who have recently been successful in recovering lost deposits for individuals who suffered losses investing through OVP.
It is vital if you intend to try and recover lost monies, that you have all correspondence and documents relating to the transaction. This will greatly help your case.
Most firms do it on a no win no fee basis but be very wary of firms who ask for an upfront payment before they get involved with your case.

Hello. We have had several cases that have been resolved through the Courts, favourably for our clients. These cases were filed before the new 2016 Supreme Court ruling and are based on a bank guarantee granted for the development known as Manilva Costa.

OVP also sold the Estepona Beach and Country Club, a failed development where the developer, Ricardo Miranda, did not even own the land nor had a project. Miranda is currently indicted in a criminal case in Madrid, as a result of a mega fraud affecting hundreds of investors in this development as well as a larger one in the Dominican Republic and Morocco.

The difficulty with establishing the liability of a Spanish bank is proving that OVP did use an account in Spain, and not just dilapidated the funds in the UK, as it appears they did with a larger portion. I am happy to discuss further with you at your convenience.

Unregistered
02-02-2017, 04:02 PM
Hello. We have had several cases that have been resolved through the Courts, favourably for our clients. These cases were filed before the new 2016 Supreme Court ruling and are based on a bank guarantee granted for the development known as Manilva Costa.

OVP also sold the Estepona Beach and Country Club, a failed development where the developer, Ricardo Miranda, did not even own the land nor had a project. Miranda is currently indicted in a criminal case in Madrid, as a result of a mega fraud affecting hundreds of investors in this development as well as a larger one in the Dominican Republic and Morocco.

The difficulty with establishing the liability of a Spanish bank is proving that OVP did use an account in Spain, and not just dilapidated the funds in the UK, as it appears they did with a larger portion. I am happy to discuss further with you at your convenience.

We also have a client who bought in the Dominican through OVP and paid 3 deposits of £60,000 to them. Do you think he has any chance of recovering this monies.

Unregistered
02-02-2017, 05:05 PM
We also have a client who bought in the Dominican through OVP and paid 3 deposits of £60,000 to them. Do you think he has any chance of recovering this monies.

On the point of how much if any of the deposits were deposited with a Spanish bank, I have been told in many of the cases 50% of the deposits were put into the banks. As you said earlier there was the question of how many deposits were not deposited with a Spanish bank. That is something that nobody will find out.

Unregistered
02-03-2017, 10:55 PM
Thanks Antonio for taking the time to post on the forum. It is good to see that investors are still taking an interest in this case. I just can't believe it is taking so long to get resolved, how can so much money just disappear with no trace. Surely Miranda's assets should have been frozen whilst this is going through the courts.
I really hope that these criminals pay for their crimes on a grand scale.

It would be good to keep this forum alive, it's the only way we are able to communicate with each other. I did think that a private Facebook group would be good, but difficult to get everyone genuine investor added.

Sami J
02-09-2017, 01:56 PM
I invested with OVP in 2006. Estepona Beach. Since 2009 I have tried in vain to get help. I have had my case with FOS for 2 years but they appear to be stalling making a decision about the incorrect financial advise I was given at the time by an IFA.
I would love to know if anyone has infact had any success or any test cases have been set as a precedent for us to move forward.
I agree with the above poster that we all should attempt to join forces again and put pressure on anyone who can provide answers, especially as to why Directors still appear to live the high life at our expense and hardship.

Unregistered
02-12-2017, 07:50 PM
Sami J - I know that the largest group of investors are all with Antonio Flores at Lawbird. I am not sure if it's too late to join but it might be worth a call to them. I also agree it would be great to have a group set up of investors just so everyone can talk through concerns.

This investment has turned out life upside down and for that reason we won't rest until one of these crooks pay for their crime.

hughesje
02-17-2017, 03:40 PM
There is also a Group with Costa Luz solicitors costaluzlawyers.es
There are developments happening with some cases although not at the Estepona Beach & Country Club development that I know of

Moi
05-01-2017, 12:06 AM
I invested with OVP in 2006. Estepona Beach. Since 2009 I have tried in vain to get help. I have had my case with FOS for 2 years but they appear to be stalling making a decision about the incorrect financial advise I was given at the time by an IFA.
I would love to know if anyone has infact had any success or any test cases have been set as a precedent for us to move forward.
I agree with the above poster that we all should attempt to join forces again and put pressure on anyone who can provide answers, especially as to why Directors still appear to live the high life at our expense and hardship.

I don't understand how they are still living in luxury in yoxall and ct is still getting away with it

Unregistered
05-15-2017, 09:51 PM
Yes it's ridiculous, I'm hoping they will be held to account soon for their criminal activities. It's by no means over yet, they may think it is but they are very wrong.

Unregistered
12-01-2017, 07:31 PM
I hear that Antonio Flores has made some very good progress with the legal case. Well done to the team involved.
That clock is finally ticking for the fraudsters involved with this scam!

Unregistered
12-15-2017, 11:05 PM
I hear that Antonio Flores has made some very good progress with the legal case. Well done to the team involved.
That clock is finally ticking for the fraudsters involved with this scam!

Yes very good news!

CordellCas
01-06-2018, 06:56 PM
It's crazy that they managed to pull off this scam for that long. Is jail time in their cards if they get charged?

Unregistered
01-17-2018, 12:41 AM
Yes and have assets been frozen?

Unregistered
03-21-2018, 07:05 PM
Anybody know why there are no articles on the belegal website anymore? Previously when you searched estepona beach and country club or oceanview props it would come up. It now states nothing found??? Seems odd.

sib526
07-18-2018, 03:53 PM
I bought an Ocean View property in Estepona around 2007 and sent the deposit to a lawyer in England who represented them and knew about Spanish Law. Does anyone have their details? The reason I ask is that I have been in contact with a law firm in Spain and they successfully reclaimed cash for people who lost money to developers in Spain. If you want details then let me know.

Unregistered
02-08-2019, 12:01 AM
I remember reading about this four years ago after hearing about Mr Thomas via a drinking buddy at a pub in Newborough. All of this is terrible and should not be forgotten whilst CT owns at least two multi million properties - one in yoxhall and one in Wales which has its own website and which he rents out for 3k a week.

last I heard was that although banned from being a director he has a heavily active role running a recycling business CTR on marchington ind estate near uttoxeter. The business is under the name Mark Fitzgerald but CT runs the site day after day, several of his family members also worked there as does an accounts guy Dave Stewart who was called to court in Spain also over the Ocean View scam. Birds of a feather clearly stick together.

Unregistered
02-09-2019, 12:08 PM
I remember reading about this four years ago after hearing about Mr Thomas via a drinking buddy at a pub in Newborough. All of this is terrible and should not be forgotten whilst CT owns at least two multi million properties - one in yoxhall and one in Wales which has its own website and which he rents out for 3k a week.

last I heard was that although banned from being a director he has a heavily active role running a recycling business CTR on marchington ind estate near uttoxeter. The business is under the name Mark Fitzgerald but CT runs the site day after day, several of his family members also worked there as does an accounts guy Dave Stewart who was called to court in Spain also over the Ocean View scam. Birds of a feather clearly stick together.

Interesting.

I've seen fraudsters like this get away with it time and time again because they were smart enough to use tricks to siphon off money from a business before going bust.

Unregistered
02-13-2019, 04:24 PM
GOD Bless you mate! You beat me to it!.I was drinking in the pub in Newborough ,talking to myself.I went to the pub in
Marchington ,talking to myself and the locals. CT has the biggest Warehouse in UK and Europe, no.35 I think , right at the
back , in the far corner.They used to store the Green Goddess fire engines there on the whole site.His brand new vans certainly come into Birmingham.CTR =Commercial Textiles and Rags or is it COLIN THOMAS RICHARD?ha .If you are a Buyer, we should meet up.

Unregistered
03-28-2023, 06:42 PM
Colin is heavily involved in CTR he is the owner!! and I have evidence along with evidence on illigal activites that can quite possibly close them down.