PDA

View Full Version : On selling our villa our agent is not passing on the true offer. Is this legal?

Jean
11-08-2009, 11:17 AM
I am in the process of selling my Villa. I am in touch with the buyer and find that the offer they made was not put to us. The agent said that a much lower offer was given and also we signed a contract with him at 3% commision and he said that if he took on another person he will split this. Instead he is taking about 14,000 of our money through lies and not passing on the true offer. What can I do?

aflores
11-08-2009, 11:36 AM
I understand that your appointed Real Estate Agent is trying to rip you off by not disclosing the true offer put forward by the buyer and, in effect, pocketing the difference between what the buyer is willing to pay and what you are told he is willing to pay. This is doubly fraudulent for he is basically lying to you and also to the buyer (who is presumably being told that you will not accept anything under Xx Euros!)

I suggest that you advise your agent that you will not pay anything other than the agreed 3% commission. I also recommend you stand firm in your stance as some agents can be aggressive.

If you need further help do not hesitate to contact us.