PDA

View Full Version : From Residence to Citizenship

Visitor
10-30-2009, 12:59 PM
I looked through the forum trying to find an answer for my questions but nothing similar posted recently. 1st question. Non-EU that already received Spanish residence through marriage to British national with Spanish residence, married in other EU country. Is there any exception to 10 year rule for citizenship application, i.e. country of origin, business ownership, number of years being married, etc.
2nd question. I have non- EU friends that would like to apply for a residence without work permit. They have a good income outside Spain and willing either rent property long term or buy one. Any specifics besides proving their income and having a rental/purchase contract? Like a specific amount a year or in the bank?
I would really appreciate if anyone could answer my questions as it seems that nobody knows for sure.

Thank you.

Marta
10-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Hi

Exceptions to citizenship via a legal 10 year residence period for this particular case are: having had any Spanish ancestors, being of Sephardic Jewish descent, having been born in Spain, being a refugee or being from any country which has been a Spanish ex-colony.

There is no law with regards to this. The income your friend receives and the amount of funds deposited in a bank account, will demonstrate that he/she has sufficient funds to live in Spain for a whole year without having to work. Every case is completely different. Your friend's lawyer will be able to recommend an amount as well as the documentation required for that specific case.

Unregistered
10-30-2009, 10:48 PM
Thank you!