PDA

View Full Version : Barking Dogs

Unregistered
09-15-2009, 10:03 PM
What is the law on barking dogs in Spain. There is a car showroom nearby that leaves two large and incessantly barking dogs without supervision running free in their car park all night every night and all weekend. I am going crazy and can't sleep.

Lawbird Lawyer
09-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Dear Sir/Madam,

I would need to know in which province in Spain you are located. There are different laws for each region besides national laws.

Yours faithfully,

Unregistered
01-28-2011, 08:49 PM
I love Spain and the Spanish and we have wonderful neighbours, but recently an addition to the household has moved a pack of dogs very close to our house and it has created an unpleasant smell but worse they bark all night thus setting off other dogs. I am not getting any sleep and my health is susffering --what can be done if talking to them fails to solve the problem --Galicia Spain

Patricia
01-31-2011, 07:10 PM
Hello,

In the event that you are unable to come to an agreement with the owner of the dogs, or that he fails to collaborate after you have informed him/her of the consequences on your health due to his/her dogs barking, you are protected by law and within your rights to notify the authorities.

Any activity that is considered annoying, unhealthy or dangerous can be reported , so in this case, you are able to take legal action against the owner of the dogs. According to law the owner would be imposed a prohibition.

I suggest you read this blog related to the matter that is quite interesting: http://belegal.com/blog-by-antonio-flores/president-of-community-of-owners-launches-full-legal-offensive-against-3-kg-maltese-bichon/

Regards,