PDA

View Full Version : Help Landlord in arreas.

Tarekmansoor
11-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Hi - can anyone assist?

we are renting a property in Nerja off a woman who lives in the UK, when we paid our deposit it went to the agent 1st months rent went to the man who repaired the swimming pool, since we have been here (since 1st oct) I have paid out almost €1K to trades men getting the house to a standard we require, nothing major just wanting electricity that doesnt trip & water that flows.

anyway - we have now refused to pay the rent until the owner instructs a managing agent who will be on hand to resolve any issues - this is a large older property 5 beds and the rent is €1750 a month & I dont see why I should have to pay my rent then pay out additional monies throughout the month,

I have now also heard that the owner is 3 months in arears... what can we do? BTW - partner is due with our 4th baby in 2 weeks, I was due to pay the rent on the 1st but rang the landlord and asked for some assistance with getting things sorted on the property - that was 10 days ago =- heard nothing back...

what shall I do? where do I stand legally?

Lawbird Lawyer
11-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Dear Sir,

Please rephrase your query clearly. Thank you.

You mention you are not paying the let but you also include that your Landlord is 3 months in arrears (?).

You can also contact us privately if you wish:

http://www.lawbird.com/services/contact