PDA

View Full Version : Lilos in Private Spanish pools

Unregistered cliff
08-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Hi, The president of our residence in Spain has banned lilos in the pool he says its againts Spainsh law to have them in the pool, is this correct.

Lawbird Lawyer
08-07-2009, 08:20 AM
Dear Sir/Madam,

In some parts of Spain, i.e. Valencia, they've passed laws forbidding their use.

Comunidad de Propietarios: Avoid Problems with Your Neighbours in Spain (http://www.marbella-lawyers.com/articles/showArticle/spanish-comunidad-de-propietarios) - 26th June 2009

Besides, there may be Community Rules in your own Community of Owners forbidding their use. There's freedom to decide on such things.

Yours faithfully,

Unregistered
08-07-2009, 10:19 AM
thank you for your responce its been very helpful.

Lawbird Lawyer
08-07-2009, 10:31 AM
You are welcome.

Unregistered
08-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Having searched various sites you are the only other person I have found who has had the use of li-lo's suddenly banned. I wonder if you also live on LG2?

Unregistered
10-26-2009, 02:08 AM
Nobody has ever been able to produce the relevent decree banning li-lo's in swimming pools-because there isn't one.

There is no law banning li-lo's from any pool private or otherwise. It is only kill-joy presidents and management companies who spread this nonsense.

It's an urban myth, similar to the non-existant law that says you can't wash your car outside your own house beacause it wastes water.

If you think about the irony in that, you cant use 50 litres of water once a week to wash your car but you can top your swimming pool up each day with 500 litres.