PDA

View Full Version : Are company shareholders entitled to a property contributed by only one of them?

Justin
10-21-2008, 10:30 AM
My father opened a spanish limited company in which he placed one of his Spanish properties. He added two people into the company and each of them were allocated twenty percent shares. The situation at present is that my father died and had left a spannish will leaving everything to my mother.Is it the case that these two people are now entitled to twenty percent each of the assets in the company even though their role was as name only and contributed nothing to the company nor acted on behalf of the company in any way.

Inigo
10-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Without any doubt the shareholders have their right to their 20% of the company shares. However the SL as a whole also holds a debt with the person who transferred the property to it, the initial owner. In this case your father. In order to find out more about this debt we would need to have access to the deeds showing how the transfer to the SL was carried out. From this we would be able to find out the type of claim which the inheritor ( your mother) could make against the company.