PDA

View Full Version : Is it legal to base the community fees on accounts from previous years?

Martin
07-06-2009, 04:40 PM
I have just recieved the minutes of our Community AGM that took place on 5th June. I was under the impression that at the AGM, Spanish Horozontal Property Law required that both last years and this coming years budgets/expenses had to be `approved` by the community and minuted as such. Last years budget/expenses were approved and minuted. However, this years community fee has been set using last years accounts as the basis. Subsequently, this coming years forseeable expenses/budget was not discussed at the meeting & has subsequently not been approved. I would like to raise this issue with our Community President and welcome your comment.

Lawbird Lawyer
07-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Dear Sir,

You are correct.

Please read our article on the matter:

Comunidad de Propietarios: Avoid Problems with Your Neighbours in Spain (http://www.marbella-lawyers.com/articles/showArticle/spanish-comunidad-de-propietarios) - 26 Jun 2009

It is mandatory that at least once a year an AGM is held to approve the following year's budget.

Yours faithfully,