PDA

View Full Version : Cedula

Unregistered (Mike)
06-30-2009, 11:24 PM
I have a property for sale, which is over 100years old, I have legal escritura etc, and the house has been reformed internally with a proper licence from the town hall, I have all facitlies, IE electric, water , street lighting all on mains services,

However as part of the selling process the purchaser's lawyer has asked for the cedula, which of course I havent got, and as far as I know the property has never had one,
I have owned the property for nearly seven years and lived in it for six,

does a property of this age, inhabited etc, need this document, and what would be the procedure to obtain.
thanks

Lawbird Lawyer
07-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Dear Sir,

Is this a rustic property in the middle of the campo?

Unregistered
07-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Dear Sir,

Is this a rustic property in the middle of the campo?

In on the edge of small village, of about 6 houses (all over 100yrs old), about 15KMs from the nearest large town,

thanks

Lawbird Lawyer
07-06-2009, 10:19 AM
I don't think it necessary nor reasonable that the purchaser asks for a LFO in your case.

If your house were in the middle of the countryside yes. But if it's grouped in a small village of 6 houses it is unncessary.

The problem is that nowadays we've goner from one extreme to the opposite. Before LFO were hardly asked for and now they are asked for a case like yours which is unreasonable in my opinion.

Regards,
Raymundo LarraĆ*n Nesbitt

Unregistered (Mike)
07-06-2009, 08:45 PM
I don't think it necessary nor reasonable that the purchaser asks for a LFO in your case.

If your house were in the middle of the countryside yes. But if it's grouped in a small village of 6 houses it is unncessary.

The problem is that nowadays we've goner from one extreme to the opposite. Before LFO were hardly asked for and now they are asked for a case like yours which is unreasonable in my opinion.

Regards,
Raymundo LarraĆ*n Nesbitt

Thanks for that , i will instruct my lawyer to challenge the requirement, I thought it was a bit strange as for most of the other houses here they dont have them either, (mostly owned by Spanish people for the last XXX years )
thanks

Mike

Lawbird Lawyer
07-07-2009, 10:45 AM
You're welcome.

Regards,