PDA

View Full Version : Is the company Resale Strategy legitimate?

Brian
10-16-2008, 02:52 PM
I have recently been contacted by a company called Resale Strategy who are keen to buy resales for their clients. The website resalestrategy.com seems reputable and the charges reasonable but I'm aware of various scams. Are they fraudulent or otherwise? Regards

Inigo
10-17-2008, 02:24 PM
We have never heard of this company, and therefore cannot provide a straight answer on whether it is legitimate or not.

We have gathered a few hints in the blog post titled 9 Tips on How to Determine if an Offer is a Scam (http://www.marbella-lawyers.com/wordpress/9-tips-on-how-to-determine-if-an-offer-is-a-scam/) which will let you to make your own assessment.

The domain name was registered only a few weeks ago, but it doesn't necessarily mean the company is not legitimate.

Unregistered
11-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Brian,

They have just contacted me. From their website I cannot see where they are registered, or any business registration number.

It also states that the contract is sent via courier and signing for the parcel constitues signing the contract and the only way to cancel the contract is by downloading their form within 14 days. I can't see any downloadable forms on their website so it has made me question their validity.

I have e-mailed them asking for some basic information about the business, its directors, juristiction etc. but am not expecting full disclosure.

I did a quick search on the UK Companies House website as they mention UK data protection but cannot find resalestrategy listed

Did you follow up with them?

Paul

Paul
11-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Brian,

I have found a company called Resale Strategy registered in Coventry in the UK on the 26th Sept this year. There is no other information though on Companies House website.

Paul

Brian
11-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Interestingly they completely lost interest in me - i asked for basic company info, number of properties sold this year etc. They just kept on sending a standard contract and failed ot getany answers.

As usual if it smells funny it usually is - so my advice would be to avoid. Remember they were after £500 up front as a marketing fee.

They had the flat independently valued but kept asking me what i thought it was worth. In the end the price was completely miles above what i woudl ahve epxected in a reasonable market let alone the depressed market we are currently in - probably because they wanted me to jump at the potential profit.

Oh well - if its not sales agents at the moment its new accomdation rental companies who claim to have the best sites and most rentals - all of course a load of baloney.

Unregistered
11-18-2008, 01:30 PM
I have also been contacted by them. They firstly asked permission to market my apartment but did not ask for any of the paperwork that a normal estate agent would. 2 days later they had 'found a buyer' from Eastern Europe. They then said I needed to sign the contract and pay the fee.
I asked for the contract to be sent by email for a look over and there was very little info on it. No company registration details, no address, no contact details. Same on their website.
The telephone number they have given me is a Skype phone.
A man called from Resale Strategy to see if I was going ahead. When I raised my concerns he ended the call abruptly saying there were plenty of other people looking to sell if I didn't want to.
They also wouldn't answer my question as to how they obtained my contact telephone numbers. They said they were just given a list to make calls. I suspect they are trawling rental websites as thry have the pictures of my apartment from there on the paperwork they sent me.

Unregistered
11-21-2008, 02:39 PM
I have recently been contacted by a company called Resale Strategy who are keen to buy resales for their clients. The website www.resalestrategy.com seems reputable and the charges reasonable but I'm aware of various scams. Are they fraudulent or otherwise? Regards

I sold my property with resale strategy 2 months ago, they acting very profesional and kept ther side of the contract. I hope you all the success I had. David S

Unregistered
11-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Hi David,
I have a few q's you may be able to help with the answers?
Who did you speak to and at which office? I have called them and was told some-one would return my call and 3 days later I still have had no call.
How many viewings did it take to sell the property?
Did you receive full market value or did they value the property?
How were the viewings arranged, as in who held the keys?
Did the viewers stay in your property?
What was the time between parting with your £500, getting the viewers and selling your property as this company was only established in september?
I would be obliged if you could reply as soon as possible as I am looking to sell and would appreciate a reputable company to market my property.
kind regards

Unregistered
11-21-2008, 11:19 PM
I have also been contacted by them. They say they got my name from a database that they bought. They were very vague about the company when i said it was very new and their claims were amazing in the current climate. ie selling 15 houses a month and being able to get 4 viewers and a guaranteed sale within 12 months.

They have phoned about 3 times and have kept asking if i have a website !! I have not been asked for any money but they have told me that there is no fee as the buyer pays a "finders" fee.

The funny thing is I looked them up on whois (website registration) and found they have only recently registered the website. The hoster is joker com who i understand is a breeding ground for scammers. Also when i looked earlier this week the registrants address was alicante and today it is malaga ! There was a change today to the details.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has actually successfully used them.

Unregistered
11-22-2008, 02:18 PM
eyeonspain.com/Secure/ForumPostsDesc.aspx?thread=5867&dev=FB11&name=General%20chit%20chat

Stuart
12-08-2008, 07:43 PM
I have also been contacted by them. They firstly asked permission to market my apartment, having never seen it, but did not ask for any paperwork. I then received a call back 2 or 3 days later to say they had 'found a cash buyer' from Russia. They then said I needed to sign the contract and pay the fee. I asked to see the paperwork and contract of sale in order for my Spanish Solicitor to review. I received the standard T & C's omitting any reference to fees, of which I have since discovered to be £990 + 2% of the sale price. I was chasing a copy of the contract of sale when I received a call from the 'Head of Contracts' in Coventry to inform me that the 'purchaser' had withdrawn his offer!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
12-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Hi. We also have received 2 telephone calls and email from Resale Strategy. Having read the previous posts I don't think we will entertain them. We had our doubts from the offset because the inspection trips would have the clients staying in our property for maybe 5 to 7 days. Nice holiday. We didn't like the selling fee of 990.00 pounds either. He told me that if they did not sell our property after 365 days then the fee would be refundable. I wonder. No thanks Resale Strategy.

Lawbird Lawyer
12-18-2008, 06:58 PM
I refer the forum lurkers and posters -for reference purposes only- (we take no personal stance on the company being discussed on this thread) to our useful blog post (http://www.marbella-lawyers.com/wordpress/9-tips-on-how-to-determine-if-an-offer-is-a-scam/)(scroll below):

9 Tips on How to Determine if an Offer is a Scam
October 17th, 2008 @ 14:10 by admin

We are receiving a dozen queries every day asking about the legitimacy of certain offer, generally received by email or over the phone after a cold call. Unfortunately, we cannot analyze case by case, and therefore will provide a set of useful hints which will help you evaluate the legitimacy of the company or individual yourself.

The list below is provided in no particular order:

1. Is the domain name old enough? By means of a Whois search you can find out when the domain name was registered. If it’s only a few weeks old, be suspicious.

2. Are they using mobiles? – If the phones used as contact numbers are mobile numbers instead of land lines, it’s definitely not a good sign. In Spain, mobile numbers start by +34 6..

3. Have you been contacted out of the blue? – If you where cold called, or received an email from someone you don’t know, ask yourself why these people have your contact details.

4. Are you being requested to pay money upfront? This is the single most worrying point if it comes in conjunction of with one or more of the above.

5. Is the offer too good to be true? If the offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

6. Is the company properly registered? – Although it’s something positive if they can provide you with company registration details, you shouldn’t give this point too much importance. Fraudsters have been registering companies for decades with the sole purpose of deceiving (e.g. dozens of companies where incorporated by fraudsters to conduct the infamous Timeshare Resale Scam)

7. Is the address for their offices correct? – Not sure why, fraudsters tend to provide you with fake addresses which don’t really exist. Check any of the online street directories and find out if the address provided is correct.

8. Something strange about their names? Funny names such as “Woley Fernandez” or “Barrister Perez Santos ESQ” are names made up by Nigerians conducting 419 advance fee scams (the terms “Barrister” or “ESQ” don’t exist in Spanish law). Also, fraudsters tend to cite fake organisms such as “The Ministry of Finance” or “The Security Company”.

9. What others are saying – Use search engines to find information about the company. Try putting the company in inverted comas, and add terms like “scam” or “fraud”. The company or individual you mention might have already been reported online as fraudsters by other people.

Needless to say, the above list shouldn’t be taken as definitive, nor the absolute legitimacy o illegitimacy of a company established based on one or more of the above points. You can use it, however, to personally evaluate the risk of the transaction.

My recommendation is that you never pay any moneys upfront if you have been contacted out of the blue. However, if you have to, before doing so always suggest the use of an escrow company (chosen by you) to hold the funds until the product or service has been delivered. If they refuse, I recommend that you back off.

Always remember; have a lawyer analyze the transaction before making any up-front payments.

MHC
01-23-2009, 03:11 AM
Hi,

I received a call from Resale Strategy Ltd (RSL) today (already suspicious by the name) and they offered to sell my apartment in Bulgaria for me. They said they operate differently to standard Bulgarian estate agents (didn't explain how) and that they had Polish and Russian people waiting to buy multiple properties. RSL said they take on a maximum of 250 properties for marketing at any one time (do you know of any other company that limits its growth potential for the benefit if its clients?).

I asked if there were any upfront fees and the caller said "yes, but the fees were fully refundable if there was no sale" (if the fees are fully refundable...why charge an upfront fee?).

Anyway, as soon as I said I was not interested in anything that involved an upfront fee, the caller lost interest.

I can't say for definite if this is a scam, but it felt really fishy, so please be carefull and remember the golden rules:

- DO NOT PAY MONEY UPFRONT
- IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS
- IF THEY ARE SO CONFIDENT OF MAKING YOU MONEY...WHY ARE YOU PAYING FEES UPFRONT?

Unregistered
01-23-2009, 03:37 PM
You may ask the Spanish CNMV, Comision Nacional del Mercado de Valores (www.cnmv.es), wether they are registered in any the Official Registers. If not, they are not authorizied to render investments services in Spain.

Lawbird Lawyer
01-23-2009, 05:56 PM
You may ask the Spanish CNMV, Comision Nacional del Mercado de Valores (www.cnmv.es), wether they are registered in any the Official Registers. If not, they are not authorizied to render investments services in Spain.

As the poster quoted correctly writes they have to be registered with Spain's equivalent of the Financial Services Authority (FSA) which in Spain is the CNMV to render financial investments services such as buying and selling shares.

Please follow this link to the FSA's list of overseas boiler rooms (http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Law/Alerts/overseas.shtml)(regularly updated) which target expats with share scams and such.

The CNMV's web is available in English, top right tab to change the language. (http://www.cnmv.es/index.htm) There are many list of unregulated companies which offer their "financial services", please browse the whole list.

CNMV's Public warnings.

Investing through non-authorised companies implies a high risk of suffering capital losses since such entities operate apart from the controls carried out by supervisory authorities. In order to prevent this, the CNMV and other foreign regulators publish warnings on companies which are not authorized to provide investment services.

By using the “Search Engine for Warned Companies” (http://www.cnmv.es/index.htm)you can find any entity that has been entered in any of the above-mentioned warnings categories. To do that search, the entire or only a part of the name of the entity should be typed.

Should you wish to verify whether a certain entity is authorized to provide investment services, please, use the search engine included in number 2 of the following link.

Unregistered
02-08-2009, 05:55 PM
I sold my property with resale strategy 2 months ago, they acting very profesional and kept ther side of the contract. I hope you all the success I had. David S

David

I note from the site you have had a good experience from them, every other person seems really put off....what made you go with them??, how did you here about them>

SteveH
02-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Hi all.

Am I the only person who suspects that the elusive David, delighted erstwhile client of Resale Strategy is actually connected to the company?

I too have been contacted regarding an apartment I have completed on in Bulgaria with the same story as previously reported by others. Interestingly, I have also been contacted by one Emma Burton at Godiva Marketing which offers a contract which is a cut-down plagiarism of that proffered by Resale Strategy & further digging reveals that these two companies are linked.

I have received emails from both companies, one signed off thus:
Richard Duncan
Resale Strategy Limited
The Meridian
4, Copthall House, Station Square,
Coventry,
West Midlands.
CV1 2FL
0121 383 8033

and the other, simply:
Emma Burton
Godiva Marketing

Many companies use the same address at Coventry, perhaps partly due to the presence there of Simple Formations, "owned by Small Firms Services Limited, a UK registered company with registration number 3658573, providing company formation and business support services since 1998." It's motto is "Limited Company Formation the simple way" and I'm now certain this is an accommodation address and the companies are operating a SCAM.

Cheers
Steve H

Unregistered
02-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Can you please give me 1 name and number from any clients that have joined and been ripped off by this system..It seems to me that not 1 of you have actualy tried the system, its easy to say bad things about a company, what if the system actualy works. Have you not got better things to do, if you are trying to sell a property tell me what real-estate is actualy at present selling any. With out marketing, no sales, no money, no marketing, the system has been put in place to help people move there property, at the end of the day if it does not work you are offered a full refund.

You may ask, they offer a refund but do they actualy pay it back. the answer to that is because of all the timeshare scams in Spain companies have to now pay huge deposits for the credit card machines, if only 1 client makes a complaint they look to lose there deposit and there payment structure.

Think before you speak.

Gareth.

Hi all.

Am I the only person who suspects that the elusive David, delighted erstwhile client of Resale Strategy is actually connected to the company?

I too have been contacted regarding an apartment I have completed on in Bulgaria with the same story as previously reported by others. Interestingly, I have also been contacted by one Emma Burton at Godiva Marketing which offers a contract which is a cut-down plagiarism of that proffered by Resale Strategy & further digging reveals that these two companies are linked.

I have received emails from both companies, one signed off thus:
Richard Duncan
Resale Strategy Limited
The Meridian
4, Copthall House, Station Square,
Coventry,
West Midlands.
CV1 2FL
0121 383 8033

and the other, simply:
Emma Burton
Godiva Marketing

Many companies use the same address at Coventry, perhaps partly due to the presence there of Simple Formations, "owned by Small Firms Services Limited, a UK registered company with registration number 3658573, providing company formation and business support services since 1998." It's motto is "Limited Company Formation the simple way" and I'm now certain this is an accommodation address and the companies are operating a SCAM.

Cheers
Steve H

Unregistered
02-18-2009, 12:21 AM
Hi,

I've been contacted by resale strategy as well, oddly enough they got hold of my home address. They had problems sending me emails and although the guy "David" was very helpful answering all my questions I still have doubts that they are for real. I've not found anywhere on this site or any other site of anyone that has used them and managed to make a sale except for "DAvid S" whose 2 line post was very vague and never replied to the questions. All in all, stay away, this site is just after desperate sellers who will do anything to get rid of their property, there are lots out there so they know the game.
It will be good to hear from either david s or anyone that has registered and sold sucessfully

Unregistered
02-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Sorry for the delay I have been in Dubai, I received a call from Godiva Marketing, at first I was very aware of many scams in Spain, but I had my property on the market for a long time. They even gave me advice on my mortgage and how to nagotiate a better deal with the bank, this saved me 400 per month, they were very helpful and saved me a lot of money and time. At the end of the day it worked for me, does not mean it will work for you. I sold the property below the market price, and took the offer.

I wish you all good luck.

Dave

I've been contacted by resale strategy as well, oddly enough they got hold of my home address. They had problems sending me emails and although the guy "David" was very helpful answering all my questions I still have doubts that they are for real. I've not found anywhere on this site or any other site of anyone that has used them and managed to make a sale except for "DAvid S" whose 2 line post was very vague and never replied to the questions. All in all, stay away, this site is just after desperate sellers who will do anything to get rid of their property, there are lots out there so they know the game.
It will be good to hear from either david s or anyone that has registered and sold sucessfully

Unregistered
02-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Interesting to read the differing replies, fair point made by Gareth, but not many people backing Resale Strategy. Gareth can you blame people for being cautious afterall in such a small forum the name Dave has cropped up a few times...............hold on a second what was the name of the chap that rang me ..............Dave!!!!

Steve H.......... the company is registered in Coventry, but when I spoke to Dave he told me they are in Birmingham by Perry Barr dog track, the telephone number is a Bham area code and NOT Coventry

We have been contacted by them and told exactly the same as you guys, we have 2 properties and they offered the 2nd one at £495. After reading the contract t&c's the refund bit is very vague..............it says something like as long as they get an offer in the 12 month period!!!!!! what is the definition of the offer??.........perhaps one of them would get their mother to put an offer in and then pull out!!!!!!!!!!! does that then mean bang goes the refund?????

Sid J

Unregistered
02-19-2009, 07:03 PM
Hi Sid, tell me have you tried the system? How long has your property been on the market, any viewings etc. Do you actualy understand teh law in Spain, if you pay by credit card you secured, because of all teh time share scams in Spain, companies now have to pay large deposits, they get more than 1 complaint they lose the machine and there deposit.

I can understand you complaining if they ripped you off, but have they? Maybe thsi system does work but people like you saying bad things with out trying it out does not help. I did work for them and saw no wrong doings, I have now moved over to key lounges and we are moving forward.

Kevin

Interesting to read the differing replies, fair point made by Gareth, but not many people backing Resale Strategy. Gareth can you blame people for being cautious afterall in such a small forum the name Dave has cropped up a few times...............hold on a second what was the name of the chap that rang me ..............Dave!!!!

Steve H.......... the company is registered in Coventry, but when I spoke to Dave he told me they are in Birmingham by Perry Barr dog track, the telephone number is a Bham area code and NOT Coventry

We have been contacted by them and told exactly the same as you guys, we have 2 properties and they offered the 2nd one at £495. After reading the contract t&c's the refund bit is very vague..............it says something like as long as they get an offer in the 12 month period!!!!!! what is the definition of the offer??.........perhaps one of them would get their mother to put an offer in and then pull out!!!!!!!!!!! does that then mean bang goes the refund?????

Sid J

SteveH
02-20-2009, 01:59 AM
Gareth

Check my posting which you quoted & I think you'll find I did a lot of thinking and checking before I spoke. I have reported checkable facts, asked one question and given a considered opinion.
I'll ask another question; Do you know anyone who uses the name David & who is connected to either of these companies?

Sid J

Methinks the dog track is more likely to offer a return on investment than any pay-up-front scheme. I agree entirely with your assessment of the likely escape from refunds, Sid, & a good spot on the phone number.
I am waiting for Ms Burton to make her promised call to me, during which I hope she will tell me exactly where she got my details from.

Resale Strategy & Godiva Marketing don't appear to be in touch with what each other is doing because I still have people from both sides trying to get me to sell through them. The email I got from Emma Burton at Godiva this morning, following her phone call, (during which she was surprised to hear I'd sent her an email four days ago, sent in reply to one of hers) states:
"The fee required for our services is a one off payment of approx. 1150 euros which covers a small amount towards advertising, key holding, inspection visits, cleaning etc etc."
She goes on the explain that the target markets are Russia, the Middle East & the UK.
The figure quoted is more than the 990 euros which Resale Strategy quoted and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the reliability of financial dealings with either of the first two targets, which were also specified by Resale Strategy.

Steve

Unregistered
03-01-2009, 10:15 PM
DIRECTOR DETAILS for Resale Strategy Ltd
Name: MARILYN SANDRA JACK Personal Details. Reveals personal credit status, Voters Roll, CCJs, bankruptcy, linked addresses, and any adverse records in relation to running non-incorporated businesses.
Date of Birth: 1/01/1940
Address: PUEBLO TORREQUEBRADA BENALMADENA
Nationality: BRITISH

The notion that your credit card payment would be safe is rubbish. Your payment could be credited to a merchant in Kryzikistan as a cash advance and you'll never get to the bottom of it.

Godiva Marketing Ltd is shown at Companies House as dissolved or receiver/liquidator appointed. the directors were DIRECTORS
Director JASON MORAN
Address 70 STEVENSON ROAD KERSLEY COVENTRY CV6 2JW
Director RAJ THAKOR
Address 1 CANAS COURT CANNOCKS LANE COVENTRY CV4 7JN

Unregistered
03-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Godiva Marketing is a SL and not LTD, if you check the web site it clearly has Godiva Marketing SL and not LTD, maybe you should check the web site before you post. Don´t you have nothing better to do? Resale Strategy is LTD.

DIRECTOR DETAILS for Resale Strategy Ltd
Name: MARILYN SANDRA JACK Personal Details. Reveals personal credit status, Voters Roll, CCJs, bankruptcy, linked addresses, and any adverse records in relation to running non-incorporated businesses.
Date of Birth: 1/01/1940
Address: PUEBLO TORREQUEBRADA BENALMADENA
Nationality: BRITISH

The notion that your credit card payment would be safe is rubbish. Your payment could be credited to a merchant in Kryzikistan as a cash advance and you'll never get to the bottom of it.

Godiva Marketing Ltd is shown at Companies House as dissolved or receiver/liquidator appointed. the directors were DIRECTORS
Director JASON MORAN
Address 70 STEVENSON ROAD KERSLEY COVENTRY CV6 2JW
Director RAJ THAKOR
Address 1 CANAS COURT CANNOCKS LANE COVENTRY CV4 7JN

Unregistered
03-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Having read your entries I think I have been taken for a mug . Wish I had known the information you have posted before I committed cash to Godiva Marketing/resale strategy . I was contacted towards the end of last year to sell my property with an upfront payment . I was suspicous but weighed things up and I did want to sell my property . I was sent a " contract" and this was returned before Christmas . Since then I have been continuously trying to get my details(including pictures) on to their website . Despite repeatedly telling them that my property was not appearing on their web site and asking them how , where etc they are marketing my property I have not had a response.I have had e.mails to say they have been having problems with their website are were making some technical adjustments . However the e.mails were always signed off by "administrator" and not by any named individual .I suspect I am not going to get any proper response . Anyone got any ideas as to where or to who I should send a complaint?

Unregistered
03-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Registrant:
ronald charles hall
local 1, edifico torremar
avienda alay,
benalmadena costa, Malaga 29630
ES

Domain name: GODIVAMARKETING.COM

Unregistered
03-10-2009, 04:26 PM
If you owned a company providing a legitimate business service in Spain and websites like this were full of postings saying you were a scammer - then wouldn't you expect the outraged business owner to come online and say "hey, wait a minute, my name is so and so, this is where I can be found, and these people are lying". Look at Godivamarketing website. Do you see an address? A phone number? A name? I wonder why not. And they think that by posting drivel by an anonymous "satisfied customer" that one is supposed to nod and say "oh well, it must be allright then".

Unregistered
03-13-2009, 02:05 AM

Rubbish - who do you work for

Unregistered
03-16-2009, 08:06 PM
I've had various calls from Resale Strategy. There seems to be a very scripted approach to the selling strategy with the same information having been provided repeatedly on numerous calls.

I have received a contract offering a refund if there no "firm offer" is received within 12 months, which has to be near the valuation if that is what I stipulate but there is no obligation for the offer to be completed for the refund to still apply. Therefore if the person making the "firm offer" walks away without completing and the 12 months is up, there is no obligation for Resale Strategy to pay out.

The other interesting part to this set up is the way you have to pay the upfront fee (a fee quote of £990 in my case). The payment is to be made to Money Corp. When I looked at this company, they provide a foreign currency exchange service so as one of the previous writers correctly pointed out, there is no way to prove that the service offered by Resale Strategy has ever been paid for and all that has simply happened is that the payment you have made is converted into another currency to be transferred to an overseas account under the instruction of Resale Strategy.

I pushed Resale Strategy on whether the contract could be amended to replace the words "firm offer" with "completion of sale" but it was a definite no.

I certainly won't be using Resale Strategy.

Graham

Unregistered
03-19-2009, 02:36 AM
this company is owned and run by a gang of timeshare scammers living and working in the fuengirola area of the costa del sol.having been raided numerous times by the police for their timeshare resale scams they have now changed to this,same idea,same scam,different people.BE WARNED!!!!!

I've had various calls from Resale Strategy. There seems to be a very scripted approach to the selling strategy with the same information having been provided repeatedly on numerous calls.

I have received a contract offering a refund if there no "firm offer" is received within 12 months, which has to be near the valuation if that is what I stipulate but there is no obligation for the offer to be completed for the refund to still apply. Therefore if the person making the "firm offer" walks away without completing and the 12 months is up, there is no obligation for Resale Strategy to pay out.

The other interesting part to this set up is the way you have to pay the upfront fee (a fee quote of £990 in my case). The payment is to be made to Money Corp. When I looked at this company, they provide a foreign currency exchange service so as one of the previous writers correctly pointed out, there is no way to prove that the service offered by Resale Strategy has ever been paid for and all that has simply happened is that the payment you have made is converted into another currency to be transferred to an overseas account under the instruction of Resale Strategy.

I pushed Resale Strategy on whether the contract could be amended to replace the words "firm offer" with "completion of sale" but it was a definite no.

I certainly won't be using Resale Strategy.

Graham

Unregistered
03-26-2009, 11:32 PM
The following is a posting from another forum

Dear Client,

Over the past few weeks I have spoken with a number of clients who have relayed to me some very disturbing stories. It seems that a number of companies have been targeting purchasers of overseas properties with the intent to DEFRAUD them.

The companies in question are:

FURNITURE DIRECT WORLDWIDE
GODIVA MARKETING
RESALE STRATEGY
KEY LOUNGES
RENTAL READY
EARLSTREAM CONSULTANTS
EUROPEAN MEDIATION
TEKRAM GOLDBERG

The nature of the scam varies in each case, but inevitably requires you to pay money over the phone for a service that is never delivered.

I have been told about the companies above claiming that they can sell your property for you (apparently to buyers from Russia or Eastern Europe) but requiring an upfront fee, which they claim is fully refundable.

Other companies in the group above are offering the chance to claim against your credit card company for you, but of course want a fee to do so.

This elaborate ring of scam companies has reached such a level that the newspapers are now writing about them.

As a client of MRI, I would ask you to NOT GIVE ANY MONEY to any of the companies on this list. Nor should you HAND OVER ANY FINANCIAL DATA. I am sending out this note now in the hope that you will heed my warning and not be duped and defrauded.

If you have been contacted by any of these companies, or any similar ones that I have not yet heard about, please let me know by return.

All the best,

Darragh MacAnthony
Chairman
MRI

RichardW
03-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Having read your entries I think I have been taken for a mug . Wish I had known the information you have posted before I committed cash to Godiva Marketing/resale strategy . I was contacted towards the end of last year to sell my property with an upfront payment . I was suspicous but weighed things up and I did want to sell my property . I was sent a " contract" and this was returned before Christmas . Since then I have been continuously trying to get my details(including pictures) on to their website . Despite repeatedly telling them that my property was not appearing on their web site and asking them how , where etc they are marketing my property I have not had a response.I have had e.mails to say they have been having problems with their website are were making some technical adjustments . However the e.mails were always signed off by "administrator" and not by any named individual .I suspect I am not going to get any proper response . Anyone got any ideas as to where or to who I should send a complaint?

I have also had the same experience albeit I went ahead even after checking most of the points mentioned in this string. I dealt within someone calling themselves Terry Watts. I live near Coventry and intend to investigate further, anyone with name or adresses that they wish me to check up can email me at wat43@live.co.uk.

Unregistered
03-27-2009, 02:01 PM

Dear Client,

Over the past few weeks I have spoken with a number of clients who have relayed to me some very disturbing stories. It seems that a number of companies have been targeting purchasers of overseas properties with the intent to DEFRAUD them.

GODIVA MARKETING
RESALE STRATEGY
KEY LOUNGES
RENTAL READY
EARLSTREAM CONSULTANTS
EUROPEAN MEDIATION
TEKRAM GOLDBERG

The nature of the scam varies in each case, but inevitably requires you to pay money over the phone for a service that is never delivered.

I have been told about the companies above claiming that they can sell your property for you (apparently to buyers from Russia or Eastern Europe) but requiring an upfront fee, which they claim is fully refundable.

Other companies in the group above are offering the chance to claim against your credit card company for you, but of course want a fee to do so.

This elaborate ring of scam companies has reached such a level that the newspapers are now writing about them.

As a client of MRI, I would ask you to NOT GIVE ANY MONEY to any of the companies on this list. Nor should you HAND OVER ANY FINANCIAL DATA. I am sending out this note now in the hope that you will heed my warning and not be duped and defrauded.

If you have been contacted by any of these companies, or any similar ones that I have not yet heard about, please let me know by return.

All the best,

Darragh MacAnthony
Chairman
MRI

Hello, I am in contract with Resale Strategy, cannot get hold of them at present and would appreciate any leads to seek redress if appropriate. I can be emailed at wat43@live.co.uk, regards RichardW.

RichardW
03-27-2009, 02:52 PM
this company is owned and run by a gang of timeshare scammers living and working in the fuengirola area of the costa del sol.having been raided numerous times by the police for their timeshare resale scams they have now changed to this,same idea,same scam,different people.BE WARNED!!!!!

My credit card payment to Resale Strategy went to a company called Day Cooper Adams and I note from the Ministry of justice website that a company of the same name is listed in Fuengirola as follows, could be a link there?
Business Name: Day Cooper Adams Ltd
Address: 2-1a Pasaje de Camboria, Fuengirola
Town/City: Malaga
County: EU
Postcode: 29640

Unregistered
03-28-2009, 10:51 AM

Dear Client,

GODIVA MARKETING
RESALE STRATEGY
KEY LOUNGES
RENTAL READY
EARLSTREAM CONSULTANTS
EUROPEAN MEDIATION
TEKRAM GOLDBERG

All the best,

Darragh MacAnthony
Chairman
MRI

Heed Darragh's advice, they are all ex-MRI staff.

http://www.eyeonspain.com/forums/posts-long-5960.aspx

Unregistered
04-01-2009, 07:54 PM
part of the marina leisure timeshare scam,

Unregistered
04-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Dear sir
I amwriting to you about a scam that i fell for in March 2008.
It all started with a phone call from a firm called DAY COOPER ADAMS
who said they specialised in ppi insuranse claims..They told me that if i had taken out any personal loans i could be entitled to compensation........... As i had been taken loans out over the last 12 years they told me i could be entitled to at least £14OOO.

They told me i could claim back up to 18 years in compensation,they were so good in selling me this scam that unfortunatly i fell for it and
i payed them £587.00.......................................... ........................

After a couple of months i read in the paper that other firms were doing the same but you could only claim up to 3 years..I phoned day cooper adams regarding this and they said that they were claiming a lot more than 3 yrs....This is when i started to smell a rat i contacted them once more and asked them to cancell my claim..they said that they would llok into this...unfortunatly that is the last i heard from them..........When i phone them the phone is just ringing with no answer...also there web page is unavailable

Unregistered
06-08-2009, 03:55 PM
I have recently been contacted by a company called Resale Strategy who are keen to buy resales for their clients. The website resalestrategy.com seems reputable and the charges reasonable but I'm aware of various scams. Are they fraudulent or otherwise? Regards

Don't use them - total rip off merchants- definitely fraudulent. Paid them money and under the terms of the agreement was entitled to change my mind within a 7 day period and get a full refund. I did so, and they have been promising this for 3 months now and still nothing. Everytime I call it sounds as if there is just one person on a mobile who calls himself "reception" - honestly sounds as if he is at home as there is almost certainly always a radio playing, granted, there are a few of them who answer the phone. Total scam - wouldn't touch them again or anyone like them - but it has cost me £1000 in the meantime. They are benefiting from the credit crunch and people who are desperate to try and recoup money back from overseas property purchases which have plummeted, by promising that they can sell their property but you have to pay a marketing fee up front.
AB

Unregistered
07-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Everyone yes it is a big rip off!! My wife and I sent payment approx £1600 for them to market our 2 prpoerty's in Bulgaria. I repeatedly checked our "clints login" and saw that they were being "looked" at on the website.

I went in on Friday 10th July and the website has been suspended!!! have made numerous phonecalls but gues what?? answer machine every time.

Spookily on Monday I then get a phonecall from Godiva marketing trying to get me to go to an exhibition at Bham.

After going back on the web I see that Godiva, Key Lounges and Resale Strategy are on a linked website all together. Naturally I phoned the number to contact Godiva and told the girl of my plight who swiftly passed me on to someone else. She told me that they are just a marketing company and to contact RStrategy direct, told her about the answerphone but she was NOT interested at all.

Apologies if this posting does not make sense, but I think you know what i'm saying I'VE BEEN SCAMMED!!!!

I am happy to discuss further

Kevin J

Unregistered
08-11-2009, 04:36 PM
I was contacted last January.. Sounded good, wed sites looked good, so I signed and paid 1,120.00 E. via Godiva Marketing and Cajamar Bank in Malaga. After 3 months of trying to download photos and info, talking to a guy at resale who was just not co-operative I thought there was something very wrong. As seen on this forum, it is very upsetting to think that so many have lost money to this scam. Why are they registered with company house 6708613 set up 26/9/2008 and still active? why do the UK have such easy outlets for these people who commit these acts of robbery!!! My bank will not help with any refunds as it is a scam and I can not prove the company has disolved. Doing a runner with our money does not count. I have been advised to put this on watchdog home page to make it worldwide, but reading all the postings on this site just confirms that the whole area of con's goes much further than just re-salestartegy. These people need to be locked up, and so do all those who work for them including Godiva Marketing who are good at passing the buck back to resale.. even though Godiva take the money!!!!!
I hope they all have a bad time in their next life, becouse they deserve nothing...

Unregistered
08-14-2009, 04:19 PM
I too have been approached by the Resale Strategy company, and I did place an advertisement with them for a property I am trying to sell in Bulgaria. The last time they contacted me was in June 2009. They charged me an 'up front' charge of £995. The last communication asked who held the keys.
Since then I cannot contact them either by phone or letter or E-Mail.
They now seemed to have disappeared off the face of the earth, with my money and my advert.
Charles R Simpson
Uk
Tel 07720 538380

Unregistered
10-28-2009, 07:50 PM
I am living in Ireland.
I was also totally taken in by resale strategy. They were very plausible and persistent on the phone. My friend was also taken in by them. We have given them 2000 euro in total. They even found someone with an Irish accent who sounded just like the woman who lives down the road!

Unregistered
11-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Do you know something about this company, Real lawyers sl?
Thank you so much

Lawbird Lawyer
11-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Do you know something about this company, Real lawyers sl?
Thank you so much

No, never heard of them.

Why do you ask?

Yours faithfully,

Unregistered
02-16-2010, 08:15 PM

Dear Client,

GODIVA MARKETING
RESALE STRATEGY
KEY LOUNGES
RENTAL READY
EARLSTREAM CONSULTANTS
EUROPEAN MEDIATION
TEKRAM GOLDBERG

All the best,

Darragh MacAnthony
Chairman
MRI

I have had TEkRAM GOLDBERG offering to get my credit card wiped out I payed £995.00 to them and now they have dissapeared.Now I have a company called KSG legalconsultants with all my details telling me that they can get all the money back do you know anything about them? they want £300.00plus to pay the court so they say

Lawbird Lawyer
02-17-2010, 10:26 AM
I have had TEkRAM GOLDBERG offering to get my credit card wiped out I payed £995.00 to them and now they have dissapeared.Now I have a company called KSG legalconsultants with all my details telling me that they can get all the money back do you know anything about them? they want £300.00plus to pay the court so they say

Dear Sir/Madam,

I know there is a company of solicitors located in Manchester trading under a similar name, but I'm not aware of any Spanish law firm with that name.

Yours faithfully,
Raymundo Larra*n Nesbitt

Unregistered
03-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Dear Sir/Madam,

I know there is a company of solicitors located in Manchester trading under a similar name, but I'm not aware of any Spanish law firm with that name.

Yours faithfully,
Raymundo Larra*n Nesbitt

I paid Tekram goldberg £995 in december of 2009 to clear my credit card and like yourself have found that they have dissappeared! I have registered with the trading standards department but so far seem to be drawing a blank, if you have heard any thing else about this scam i would be very interested to hear. Trading standards have said mind you that i may be able to reclaim this money through the credit card company under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 !! I would never pay anyone again to act on my behalf!!

Mark williams

Unregistered
03-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Rubbish - who do you work for

Very interesting... I know Raj Thackor and where he lives and am not exactly surprised by these postings... Interestingly enough he disappeared afor a few months last year and then repappeared buying himself or his wife, Scottish Linda, a brand new top of the range very big black Mercedes....

Unregistered
03-08-2011, 10:22 AM
I too have been approached by the Resale Strategy company, and I did place an advertisement with them for a property I am trying to sell in Bulgaria. The last time they contacted me was in June 2009. They charged me an 'up front' charge of £995. The last communication asked who held the keys.
Since then I cannot contact them either by phone or letter or E-Mail.
They now seemed to have disappeared off the face of the earth, with my money and my advert.
Charles R Simpson
Uk
Tel 07720 538380

Read my posting below of today and if you wish to pursue this I could call you....

Unregistered
01-04-2013, 05:16 AM
Together with every little thing which seems to be developing throughout this area, many of your viewpoints happen to be very radical. Even so, I am sorry, but I do not subscribe to your entire idea, all be it refreshing none the less. It appears to everyone that your opinions are not completely validated and in fact you are yourself not even totally convinced of your point. In any case I did take pleasure in reading through it.

Unregistered
09-29-2013, 06:32 AM
Ronald Charles hall and Paul peters (partners) ran the timeshare business for years, scamming honest citizens out of thousands. Both live in Spain. Never ever trust them they are legal thieves. Still alive and well enjoying your money....

Bwa
07-25-2014, 05:20 PM
I have been ripped off by Godiva Marketing. They now run a truck selling website. Despite reporting them to the UK police, who said they may or may not investigated, the Godiva website is still up and running. How can I get my money back?

Unregistered
08-14-2014, 09:10 AM
hi my friends i have the same problem i send my to godivamarkenting sl to buy truck but zero dilever , am live in mozambique if any person can help get my money back 12900euros... please contact +258847543455 our email. maudjedje@gmail.com..best regards.....