PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Spain before Citizenship is approved

woof8
11-06-2016, 06:20 AM
Hi, I am a student in Spain married to a Spanish citizen for 5 months. I will get my graduate degree in 7 months and both I and my husband are planning to look for a job in another country (Netherlands or UK). We are currently living together and I am planning to apply for citizenship once it has been 12 months since our marriage. Can we move out of Spain while my citizenship is in the process? I heard it can take over a year to get approval. Thanks a lot!

Patricia
11-07-2016, 03:01 PM
Hello Woof 8

You can move to another country as long as you completed one year residence status in Spain as the spouse of a Spanish citizen when you file the application, but I recommend you to keep and renew your Empadronamiento and keep a Spanish address for notifications, as you are totally right: Spanish Nationality applications are still taking a long time to be approved.

Regards,

woof8
11-09-2016, 04:34 PM
Patricia, thank you for taking the time to reply, this is very helpful!

Unregistered
11-12-2016, 04:47 PM
Patricia, are you sure this is correct? I've heard of people who've been denied nationality for "falta de integracion" for having left for more than 6 months after submitting their application.

Patricia
11-14-2016, 11:27 AM
Hello,

Yes, that is absolutely possible. The officers take a decision after checking documentation and based on the interview. They can interpret you are not fully integrated and reject an application. Each circumstance is different.

Regards,