PDA

View Full Version : EU/EEA Family Member visa for Non EU/EEA dependents

saqib_raja89
06-13-2015, 10:22 AM
dear Sir/Mam,

i am british national living in spain but i born in pakistan. i have family (siblings etc) in pakistan. now i want to know am i able to apply visa for them as EU family member? if i can then how can i do so and what are requirements for that if my siblings are over 21 years. and how long it would take?

my second question: my brother is living with me in spain as a student, he got 1 years study visa. so as he is living in spain am i able to apply EU Family visa for him?

i will really appreciate your kind guidance against my request. :)

Patricia
06-17-2015, 01:24 PM
dear Sir/Mam,

i am british national living in spain but i born in pakistan. i have family (siblings etc) in pakistan. now i want to know am i able to apply visa for them as EU family member? if i can then how can i do so and what are requirements for that if my siblings are over 21 years. and how long it would take?

my second question: my brother is living with me in spain as a student, he got 1 years study visa. so as he is living in spain am i able to apply EU Family visa for him?

i will really appreciate your kind guidance against my request. :)

Hello saqib_raja89

The card you mention can only be aplied for by: spouses or registered partners, children and parents of the UE citizen. Siblings can only apply in exceptional cases where they are disabled, or suffer from a severe illness and are unatteded in their home countries and you are the only one who can cater for them. You can check this information here (http://extranjeros.empleo.gob.es/es/InformacionInteres/InformacionProcedimientos/CiudadanosComunitarios/hoja103/index.html).

Your brother living with you will have to apply for a residence card once he has finished his studies, as an independent resident once he has bee offered a work contract; in the meantime he will have to renew the student visas every year for each academic year. More information, read here (http://extranjeros.empleo.gob.es/es/InformacionInteres/InformacionProcedimientos/Ciudadanosnocomunitarios/hoja065/index.html).

Regards,