PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Home Law

dazw1971
06-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Hi, I have recently sold my mobile home. I had not signed any agreement with the site owners.
When I had sold the home they told me that I had to pay the 4500 euros in order to leave the site and for them to approve the new owner! When I refused to pay they said that they would not accept the new owner onto the site even though he was willing to pay his 3000 euro entry fee. I explained that I had not signed any agreement to pay this fee but they have stood firm and said that as I had read the rules of the site I must pay. I told them that if I write a set of my rules in which it states that I pay for nothing I would not expect them to abide by them.
In the end I have had to pay the fee (I have advised them that I have paid under protest) in order for the sale to go through. Would I have a case against them to recoup the money?
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards
Darren

Lawbird Lawyer
06-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Dear Sir/Madam,

Regardless if you signed or not the camp's rules it is taken for granted you accept them on camping there and paying them.

3.000€ is hardly worthwhile pursuing bearing in mind lawyer's fees; besides, I believe you don't have grounds to claim the amount back. Sorry.