PDA

View Full Version : Employees with holiday signed off for August or Sep must now cancel their holidays

DavidS
07-30-2013, 10:34 AM
Would really appreciate some assistance with this. I have holidays booked in September 2013. I have a holiday form signed by my manager which was signed on 8 April 2013.

My company has just sent a memo advising anybody with an existing holiday signed off for August or September must now cancel their holidays.

There is no business need or justification for this. While I work for a hotel chain, my department (IT) is pretty quiet in the summer. Our projected project pipeline is very light for Aug/Sep. It would appear that our new company owners are possibly undertaking various measures to encourage employee to resign.

I've not taken holiday yet this year and really need a break. I've simply taken a week off in June on the recent diagnosis of my girlfriends father with terminal cancer. That week was exceptionally stressful, mostly spent sleeping each night in a hospital chair in the north of Spain. A endoscope examination of the colon hit necrosis, made a hole in the colon and caused a temporarily life threatening infection.

I would be most grateful for any advice or guidance ideally quoting a relevant legal act / article number. A friend has advised that the company needs to give 2 months notice and need to justify a business need, but is not 100% on this.

My office is in Mijas Costa, Malaga.

Thank you so much in advance for any guidance.