PDA

View Full Version : Car Ownership Transfer issue

Unregistered
03-18-2013, 11:03 AM
I foolishly gave an old broken down car to a mechanic friend of a friend type person. He slowly fixed it up, eventually he got it running - phoned me and asked to meet with the car papers so he could go to trafico and put it in his name. I gave him everything. He never did it. I've had numerous contacts with him but he won't transfer the papers. I now find out he's racing around Coin drunk most nights in it! I went to the police to denounce him and they had a proper go at me (lovely lads) wouldn't let me do the denuncia saying I was probably making the whole thing up. They also told me to baja the vehicle but of course I can't without the papers!

I'm very concerned about this guy, and what would happen if he hit someone or something and did a runner. The one thing I have in my favour is I do believe he has the car insured in his name.

This has now been going on for about 8 months.

Help! ;)

Unregistered
03-18-2013, 09:42 PM
Went to the lawyer. Only thing I can do is temporarily baja the car apparently - claim loss of papers and hope the kozzers pick the guy up on the road. People - don't trust anyone with car papers! It's a nightmare.