PDA

View Full Version : Spanish residency after divorcing a german national?

Anthony Igbo
03-07-2013, 08:28 PM
I am was married with a german girl for 5 years,then we divorced last year. I have spanish residence permit of 5 years which will expire this year. The mistake is that I didnt go to Spain to report when I divorced because we were in germany, and I have also german permanent residence permit. Anyway I reported my divorce to german magistrate when we divorced, but still retain my residence statues. The issue is that my spanish residence permit will expire in summer, but I am back to spain and start to work since 1 month. what I dont know is if they will renew my resident permit and if they does..what kind of resident permit will I get? Please any information will be of great help.. I live in Barcelona at the moment... But will be ready to move if there is any province that the whole process will be less complicated.. Will not reporting after divorce be a great problem, even though I am working now???

Patricia
03-14-2013, 02:09 PM
Hello Anthony,

You have the obligation to apply for a modification of the permit as soon as you get the divorce sentence/resolution ( you have a maximum of 6 months to do this after the divorce, otherwise you will be fined). You will have to prove you have been married for at least 3 years before the divorce process started and lived in Spain together for a year. Any document that can prove will be accepted ( marriage certificate, old empadronamientos together, divorce sentence, property deeds and rental contracts in both names, etc ).

The type of card you will be issued is a Salaried work and residence permit, second renewal.

You can check Hoja informativa NÂș 76 (http://extranjeros.empleo.gob.es/es/informacioninteres/informacionprocedimientos/documentos2/76.pdf)to check the documents required; Criminal records; Alta at SS as salaried worker; Work contract; Inscription at SS of employer, among others.

If you need more detailed information, please contact me by email.

Regards,