PDA

View Full Version : Time for oath for spanish nationality

Unregistered
03-01-2013, 03:00 PM
Hello

My nationality has been approved and now trying to get time for oath in Barcelona they are giving time above than 01 year.
I m thinking to change my residence adress in another city.

1.Now how much time required for to shift file in other place or other city.
2.After getting nationality can i apply my child for nationality (under 20years). how much time required for children.
3. I came to know now nationality process time is maximum 01 year. is there any reality in this news.

Thanks Regards
khalid

Patricia
03-14-2013, 02:49 PM
Hello,

In case you decide to change your residence to a different city in Spain, you must go to the Registro Civil and notify them so they can send you future notifications on the new address. They will be able to tell you how long it will take them to shift the file tp the correponding Civil Registry.

Once you have the Spanish nationality in hand, you will be able to apply for your child´s nationality in case he is an underaged, otherwise he would have to wait to meet the 10 years residency requirement. The Ministry of Justice has implemented a new system to register the nationlaity applications by residency more quickly by using electronic records, but this was only done in June last year to be able to expedit more quicky the serious delay they currenty have so they are now expecting to have resolved all the applications filed two years ago by Summer 2013; After that, they intend to reduce the timing to 12 months. You can find the last update on this implementation at the Spanish Nationality section on the Ministry´s website: Situacion Actual del Plan Intensivo de Nacionalidad (http://www.mjusticia.gob.es/cs/Satellite/es/1288777650107/EstructuraOrganica.html).

Regards,