PDA

View Full Version : Citizenship by birth

khalid
03-01-2013, 10:02 AM
dear lawyers,
My lovely wife was born in SPAIN (Marbella) 1985, either one of my wife's parent is Spanish , she left SPAIN with here parents 8 month after here birth day, My question is she illegible for Spanish citizenship ?

Thanks and best Regards
khalid

margueritta
03-08-2013, 10:51 AM
Hi - I have the same question. My husband (currently British) was born in Spain in 1958. He left Spain when he was 3. Is he still a Spanish citizen? His Spanish passport expired a long time ago and he got British citizenship in 1978

Patricia
03-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Hello Khalid,

If your wife was born in Spain and she can prove it via de corresponding birth certificate issued by a Spanish civil Registry, she will be able to apply for the Spanish nationality after one year of legal residency in Spain.

You can check all the relevant information at the Ministry of Justice website, nationality section (http://www.mjusticia.gob.es/cs/Satellite/es/1215198282620/Estructura_P/1215198291413/Detalle.html).

Regards,

Unregistered
06-03-2013, 07:29 PM
dear batricia,
how can my wife start the immigration process and will it be easyer if she hire a lawer to help her go through the process?

Patricia
06-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Hello,

We highly recommend any foreigner alien to Spanish administrative processes and those who do not speak Spanish to hire the services of a lawyer, as dealing with the matter on their own can be frustrating and stressing if you are not familiar with such proceedings. Not to say the drawbacks of not being able to understand the official language, especially as the staff in Public Administrations do not speak English.

Also, hiring the services of a solicitor will be useful in many regards; he/she will help you prepare the documentation and assemble the application package so you are not missing any document and can assure the family relationship is valid and accordingly proved. Also, a solicitor will arrange the appointment at the immigration office and follow up the case from beginning to end, that is, until the residence card is issued and, if this is the case, until the Spanish passport is granted.

Regards,

khalid
07-02-2013, 09:34 PM
Dear respectfull patricia,
i wrote to you an e-mail regarding the process of my wife spanish citizenship, kindly reply as soon as possible.
best regards
khalid

Hello,

We highly recommend any foreigner alien to Spanish administrative processes and those who do not speak Spanish to hire the services of a lawyer, as dealing with the matter on their own can be frustrating and stressing if you are not familiar with such proceedings. Not to say the drawbacks of not being able to understand the official language, especially as the staff in Public Administrations do not speak English.

Also, hiring the services of a solicitor will be useful in many regards; he/she will help you prepare the documentation and assemble the application package so you are not missing any document and can assure the family relationship is valid and accordingly proved. Also, a solicitor will arrange the appointment at the immigration office and follow up the case from beginning to end, that is, until the residence card is issued and, if this is the case, until the Spanish passport is granted.

Regards,