PDA

View Full Version : community - problems with management- where their authority ends

evelyn
12-18-2012, 04:30 AM
Hi everone

I just wanna ask, we have moved with my BF recently into another house - this time in private (no hotel) resort. Although we have contract with a company for internet - which is prepaid - did cost us 500€ for this year (we bought this just recently a month ago for our previous house). It consist of a small antenna which has to be pointed to the mountains (we are in Gran Canaria) (we got signal from one of the windows in the old house - though not the case in this house - so have to be on the roof. My BF installed the antenna on some kind of extension on our house (facing the pool and mountains) - we asked our landlord about it - he said try to do it, if community will have no problem with it we are ok. if yes we will see...
It has been a week or so without any problems until yesterday - when the president of this community met us and started (in spanish which we do not speak) his story about "no posible" and blabla.. hthen he came back with a trnaslator (his daughter I suppose) which was very rude and loud - incredible behavior from the start...
anyway - the result is call to the landlord (as he was the one who permitted it us) and now he said it should be taken off...

I want to ask though, where the authority of these so called "presidents" starts and where it ends? I am not gona lose 500€ for the contract (or even cancel it - which cost 120€! ) - who will pay me that? The antena is nowhere near huge or anythin-jsut a small receiver... yet, tere is no good internet to choose from in this area so I m not gonna end up with some USB with 1GB download limit! I honestly do not care that some 60year fella dont like that I have somethin that others in the resort do not.. Or, is there any superior authority or somethin , which would decide if it is a problem or not (this senior looked very unfriendly so his opinion is nothin near "fair"...

I am honestly fed up of this gay community system where, even though it is your private house which you paid incredible money for (for example) you cant put anythin on it without askin of some 60year old asshole if it is ok for the community or not...

please let me know what can I do...
Evelyn