PDA

View Full Version : Non-lucrative vs Self Employment Visa

Unregistered
10-31-2012, 04:27 AM
Hi there,

My partner and I are starting the process of applying for a visa to reside in Spain. We work together, self-employed, and make all of our income online. Our company (mailing address) is based in the USA. I am confused about the non-lucrative visa and "exempt" from work requirement. Does this mean that the monthly income cannot come from any type of economic activity? We do not plan to work for a Spanish company but do plan to work for our USA based company while living abroad.

Maybe I am reading into this too much, but I have seen many posts stating you cannot engage in economic activity in Spain while residing in Spain. I wanted to make sure which visa would best suit us before beginning the process.

Any guidance is very much appreciated.

Emily

Marta
11-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Hello Emily,

The non lucrative permit will not allow you to work in Spain in any shape or form, whether it is for a Spanish company or a foreign company based in Spain. You will need to prove that
you are able to live off your company or of any other assets or savings you may have. This is without having to work whilst you are in Spain. If this is not achievable then the non lucrative permit is not for you. If you would like further advice please feel free to contact me so that we can look at other alternatives.