PDA

View Full Version : Eu laws for nationality???????????????

Unregistered
09-14-2012, 02:21 AM
hello Patricia
pls give me some information about citizenship pls, my question is

1.My wife is Portugeesa, she is living in spain since 05 years. she wants to get nationality of spain. but we came to know that according to EU law. An EU citizen can not change her nationality in EU member states.

2.I am from Pakistan Now i have residency Permanente comunitario. I also want ot get nationality of spain but the ministry of spain is saying ur wife is Portugeesa. U can get nationality on ordinary base after 10 years.

3. Is there any EU law that if a Non EU national merry with EU national, He/She has right to apply for nationality after spending 05 years with him/her in any EU state.

Awaiting ur urgent response pls.
Arif

Unregistered
09-18-2012, 04:58 PM
hello patricia
pls give me some information about citizenship pls, my question is

1.my wife is portugeesa, she is living in spain since 05 years. She wants to get nationality of spain. But we came to know that according to eu law. An eu citizen can not change her nationality in eu member states.

2.i am from pakistan now i have residency permanente comunitario. I also want ot get nationality of spain but the ministry of spain is saying ur wife is portugeesa. U can get nationality on ordinary base after 10 years.

3. Is there any eu law that if a non eu national merry with eu national, he/she has right to apply for nationality after spending 05 years with him/her in any eu state.

Awaiting ur urgent response pls.
Arif

awaiting ur guidance pls

Patricia
09-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Hello,

Please read my replies to your specific questions:

1 - As a Portuguese national, she would not give up her nationality, as dual citizenship is allowed for Portuguese citizens. She can apply for Spanish nationality after two years residing in Spain. Therefore, she can apply right away as she has spent already 5 years in Spain. She will hold dual nationality but will have to use the one in connection with the country where she usually resides.
2 - Yes, that is true. In the event she was Spanish at the time you got married, you could apply for Spanish citizenship. Otherwise, you need to wait for 10 years of legal residence.
3 - No, at least in Spain there is no such Law.

If you need to discuss any of the answers above please feel free to e-mail me by clicking on my profile.

Regards,