PDA

View Full Version : N.I.E. Application

Kusty
09-13-2012, 11:47 AM
I understand that to be eligible to obtain an N.I.E. Number you have to have and prove that you have €6,000 in a Spanish bank.

Is this correct and under what introduced law did it come in and why??

Thanks

Patricia
09-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Hello Kusty,

I believe you are confused with the Certificado de Registro de Ciudadano de la Union, as the NIE certificate is just a piece of paper that indicates the ID assigned to a foreigner for administrative purposes ( such as buying a house, Inheritance or incorporating a company ) and the requirements are just your passport copy and the payment of the police station tax. However, if your intention is to apply for this certificado that I mentioned in the beginning, that indicates you are a resident and of course, it shows the NIE assigned to you, there are additional requirements, such as a certificate that indicates your current address ( certificado de empadronamiento ) and proof of financial resources to support yourself in case you are not a salaried or self-employed worker ( if that was the case, you would have to submit a copy of your work contract or the registration as self-employed worker at the Social Security Institution ). If you do not work, they require that you show them a bank certificate that indicates you have at least 5-6.000 Euros in your account; an amount that must be increased if you are applying for residency for dependents on you ( spouse and children ). Another important requirement is that you need to show proof of private medical insurance or the Blue health card so they know you will not be using the Spanish National health service.

Regards,