PDA

View Full Version : NIE-social security costs- how much should be deduced from my salary

karina123
09-11-2012, 08:15 PM
hi everybody,

I've just arrived to Spain to teach Englsh in a private langauge school and found out taht I would have to pay 250 euros for my social security. When I asked for an expalanation, my boss told me taht the costs here are very high and to work here legally I ahve to pay this amount every month...but as far as I know know that the costs applies to self employed people, or am i wrong????. Before I investigate this case further and speak to her again, I wanted to find out if it shouldn't be y only 6 %that is deduced from the gross amount???are there any other circumsatanbces taht would explain that? I'm Polish and single...is taht taken into account to make such a deduction? Just wanted to check if taht school doesn't try to save some money on me...as I wasn't told I would be self emploed..the contract was in spanish..so maybe I missed sth...hmm

Patricia
09-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Hello Karina123,

The retentions will vary depending on your age and family situation.

If we understand you are a salaried woman, 30 years old, single, without children, on a 12 monthly payments contract and with no usual dwelling, your retention will vary between 9 and 10% . If your gross salary is 1.200 €/month, your would be paying 110,28 € for IRPF ( income tax ) and 76,20 € for your Social Security. Therefore the net salary is about 1.013,52€.

250€ for that salary is too high, unless you are a registered autonomo ( self-employed/sole trader ).

You can check the Royal Decree 439/2007 (http://noticias.juridicas.com/base_datos/Fiscal/rd439-2007.t7.html) that offers the corresponding information about retentions applicable for the IRPF ( Income tax ).

I recommend you to check your contract with an expert gestor or the gestoria that deals with your employer.

Regards,