PDA

View Full Version : Help, unregistered village house issue!

spears71
09-09-2012, 12:23 AM
Hello, I have just had an offer accepted to buy a small old village house in Andalucia. The current owner bought the house in 1980, with only making a private purchase contract for the house, and it was never registered at the public notary.
The owners lawyer has told me it will take 2 years to get it properly registered and have all the correct paperwork in the current owners name. Then we could complete the sale, and then finally followed by transfering it into my name. Or, he said I can by now (I guess with a private purchase contract) and then we can get it transfered into my name within the 2 year when all the paperwork is sorted out.
1. Does this all sound right, as this is out of my comfort zone?
2. Also, how would I be able to find out if all taxes have been paid upto date, if it wasn`t ever properly registered? I wouldn`t to buy the house then get stung for 30 odd years back tax (IBI/ basura etc)!

Any help on this matter, really appreciated. Cheers, Dan

Patricia
09-17-2012, 11:38 AM
Hello Spears71,

The owner´s lawyer is correct. You can either wait for the property to be fully registered before completing the purchase, or formalize the purchase and then register the new ownership later on ( we understand this is a more risky option ). Even if the house is not registered in the seller´s name, you are still able to find out if it has any charges and encumbrances pending. However, taking into consideration that the property is not registered, we highly recommend you to retain the services of a solicitor that handles the purchase process.

I take this opportunity to offer you our legal services for the property purchase conveyance (http://www.lawbird.com/spanish-conveyancing)process.

If you wish to discuss in detail, please contact me by e-mail after clicking on my profile.

Regards,