PDA

View Full Version : How easy to get non-lucrative visa if I deposit 100k in Spanish Bank?

Globetrot
09-04-2012, 04:30 PM
I am a non-EU citizen. I have no criminal records and have clearance report from my country. I want to know how difficult or easy it is if I just open a bank account in Spain and deposit 100k in the account. I already have worldwide medical insurance which covers me all over Europe. Do I need to keep showing proof of property rental despite keeping 100k deposited in Spain? Also, if I keep the money deposited in the Bank then how SECURE and easy is it to get renewals? Most likely within 2 years I would buy a property in Spain too but right now I need to keep my options open - I can deposit 100k in a bank account before even applying the visa as long as it makes the process faster, easier and secure!!!

Also I am already resident in France, since 1 year now - do I still need to provide police clearance certificates? Or do they have all that information sharing in a common Schengen database?

Patricia
09-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Hello Globetrot,

You can open a non resident bank account in Spain and the usual requirements are your passport details and proof if your sources of income. You can deposit as much as you need, though this will not mean that you are immediately eligible for Spanish residency. Therefore, in response to your following question, you would still need to show proof of regular rental income if your aim is to apply for a Non Lucrative residence permit, as the Spanish Immigration authorities need to make sure you are receiving regular income and not require benefits from the Spanish government.
The fact of buying a property is an asset though not a requirement; you are required to show proof of dwelling, that can be rented or owned.
With regards to your question about the criminal records, you must provide with those fromthe country/ies where you have been living the last 4 years, so a french criminal record will be required but also the Indian one.
The renewal of the permit will depend on you keeping the same financial situation and not having been out of the country for more than 183 days during the first year.

Regards,