PDA

View Full Version : Sold home dispute

Unregistered
08-03-2012, 01:34 PM
I have recently sold a property, it completed about six weeks ago. I have just had a letter from my solicitor saying that the new owners solicitor has written to them complaining about the electrics. The property was fully re-wired by a qualified electrician and certified. The new owners have since had an electrician check it who has said some of the electrics look like a DIY job. Who's responsibility is this now that the flat no longer belongs to me? The electrician I used has been used on many of my projects and even worked on my own home. I'm offended by this letter but at the same time it also worries me, can I still have to pay even though the flat isn't mine?
Thanks

David SF
08-17-2012, 02:51 PM
According to spanish civil code, you have the obligation to sell the property in good conditions, that including the electricts. I would recommend you to answer the letter, through a certified letter, explaining that the property was sold according to Law, and that the property was re-wired by a qualified electrician. If the purhcaser sues you, you may face some initial costs, but if you can demonstrate that the property was fully re-wired (you must have the invoice) you should not have any problems.
Best,
David (dfigueras@sfabogados.com)