PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Death of father and his investment

haribo68
06-18-2012, 11:37 PM
My father was a British national who lived in Spain, he died in 2009, he had a joint bank account and an investment which matures I understand in 2013 or 2014, he had a partner but was not married, therefore I am the next of kin as I understand it.

I need to know how to go about claiming the investment, i have approached spanish governent and found out he did not make a will in spain, and i know but have no proof as yet that he didnt have a will in the UK.

I have also written to the bank concerned but after several months they have not replied to me.

Does anyone know what i need to do? Your help is much appreciated.

regards
Haribo68

Patricia
06-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Hello Haribo68,

You will have to start an intestate process in Spain and claim your fatherĀ“s inheritance as legitimate heir. This will include all his assets, not only the investment that you mention. If he also had assets in the UK, his national Law would be applied with regards to inheritance so I recommend you to contact a solicitor that can study your particular case and let you know how to proceed with the claim.

We can assist you with this case should you decide to proceed as is required in law.

Please feel free to contact me on details below if you wish to discuss further.

Regards,