View Full Version : Advice needed for seling party accessory in Ibiza

06-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Hello everyone!

I have found a great party product, that is selling very well in my home country - Bulgaria. I think it will be great for the Ibiza legendary night life and want to sell it there this summer. However I have never done business in Spain and I am totally unaware of the legislation and permits for selling in your country.

I would be really grate if you can gve me some pointers on:
- can i import my product directly from China to Sain - I am a foreign citizen and I import the product as physical person
- what taxes will be levied on the goods
- do i need some special permits for import
- what is necessary to do trade in Ibiza - some permits, licenses, rent ... I would rather sell the product myself actually, I already have a great small booth, but what are the legislation procedures for placing my booth?

Thank you in advance for your kind help! I hope your answers will show me the green light!

my email is djsvet@abv.bg , if anyone wishes to communicate in private

06-28-2012, 05:50 PM

If you wish to start trading in Spain the first thing you have to do is to register as a self-employed individual and register at the tax office for trading. You can also incorporate a company to trade, and register it accordingly at the tax office as soon as you intend to start operating. If you are going to trade within the EU, the corresponding VAT code will be required ( VIES ) so you will have to register as Operador Intracomunitario. Regarding taxes, if you incorporate a company, you will have to pay the yearly Company´s Tax if you trade via a Company and the Modelo 131 if you trade as self-employed individual. If you import form China, the corresponding taxes will have to be paid as well at the Customs Office. Depending on the type of product you are selling and distributing, there may or may not be specific licenses required. For instance, if it is food or drinks, you will need those products to comply with the current health regulations. In response to your last query that is something you will need to find out at the Ibiza Town Hall.

I recommend you to contact a solicitor or Gestoria in Ibiza that can assist in your initial registration as a self-employed worker or even incorporating a company if this figure is more suitable in your case, as they will be able to get the corresponding licenses in your behalf and guide throughout the initial steps for trading in Spain.