PDA

View Full Version : New rules for residency in Spain

purpleflower
05-13-2012, 09:36 PM
Hi there all, first post on the forum for me, my husband, who is American and I, a British citizen, have just moved to Spain, he receives a small pension from America as he is visually impaired and we did lots of research before we came here and asked lots of questions but didnt find out until the day we got here that 3 weeks ago Spain has changed the rules on gaining residency and now you have to prove an income of 432 euros per person and have private health insurance in place or they will not give you the residency certificate, our income is 67 euros less than the required amount per month and the employment situation in Spain is very bad at the moment so I was wondering if anyone knows whether they will be really strict about the amount and whether they will take savings into account?

Thankyou to anyone who can help

eternelsunset
05-13-2012, 11:50 PM
Can you check your private messages please.

purpleflower
05-14-2012, 12:02 AM
Can you check your private messages please.

Hi eternelsunset, I tried to access my private messages but it told me I didnt have permission to do so, not sure if that is because I just joined?

eternelsunset
05-14-2012, 12:11 AM
I think so
i'm just asking for your help.

i'm attending to move to spain with my husband too on the begining of july and register there.
do you have idea about what we do need to have the recidency as soon as possible
like every little detail ?

Ps : i'm Eu citizen.

purpleflower
05-14-2012, 08:30 AM
You need to have proof that you have an income of at least 432 euros per person plus proof of private health insurance, this has just been introduced 3 weeks ago. I have only just got here and only just found this out myself so dont know how strict they are being with these rules, thats why I posted on here to see if anyone can let me know and to see if savings help you to prove you have the necessary money as we dont have that much income each month but do have savings, hope this helps

Patricia
05-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Hello Purpleflower,

Yes, the recent regulations established in the Royal Decree 16/2012, of the 20th of April published in the BOE (http://www.boe.es/boe/dias/2012/04/24/pdfs/BOE-A-2012-5403.pdf)( National Bulletin ), in its fifth final disposition, indicate modifications related to the specific requirements for those EU citizens that wish to register in Spain as residents and use the public health services. It indicates that the applicant will have to prove financial means and be registered as a salaried or self employed worker, as well as have private medical insiurance, however, it does not mention exact figures for those financial resources, thus considering the personal circumstances of the applicant to later value them. Nevertheless, such amount will not exceed the level of resources below which the public health assistance is granted to Spanish citizens nor the minimum amount of the Social Security benefit.

Therefore, in response to your last question, they might consider your savings.

Regards,

purpleflower
05-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Thankyou Patricia, thats good if they will accept our savings because it seems unemployment is very bad in Spain right now so topping up our income with employment doesnt seem likely at the present time

Addy
06-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Hi Purpleflower,

I have also just found out about the new changes in getting residency here in Spain, but wasn't till after a place my application at the oficina de extranjeros. Now i'm sat here with no idea if i will be accepted or not, this doesn't help with mine or my wifes position at the time. I am from the UK and she is Moroccan, now its taken so long to be processed my wife needs to leave due to her 90 days on visa expires soon :(
So to make things clearer to myself on the subject of residency i've been searching the internet to make sense of it all to help our case, i went to a site called immigrationboards and got very useful advice. To long to post on here so i put a link to the topic i placed on there..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=104865

I did just hear today, it's is possible to check the status of an application for residency online.. This would be very useful put not sure if it's open to public or what website to get information from yet.. So if anyone knows i'd be happy to hear from you? :)
regards
addy

nwill1967
07-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Does the 432 Euros per person count for only adults only as we have two young children four and six and hoping to move to Spain early in the new year.

Patricia
07-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Dear nwill1967,

That minimum amount required as proof of regular income from abroad is usually approximate and varies among the different Police Stations around Spain. If you have dependents ( children in this case ), the amount will be increased, though there is no set percentage. I recommend you to check this information in the specific Police Office.

Regards,