View Full Version : Residence Card Renewal

03-31-2012, 05:45 PM
I am 19 and have Spanish Residence Card because my family has been living in Spain for many years . I am going to renew my card but the confusion is like
I am studying in Germany and have german study Visa . So in Total , I've german study visa as well as spanish residence card (on the basis of Familiar Regupurante).I visit Spain after every month or 2 to see my family .
The Confusion is
As i am going to apply for renewal , One requirement is to submit the photocopy of the passport(complete passport) . Now as i have german study visa sticker on my passport which is still valid . I am worried that would it create any problem in my application Procedure (For Spanish Residence card renewal)???

Please guide me


04-02-2012, 11:07 AM

I wonder what is the validity of your German Study visa and if you have a long stay residence permit in Spain or still temporary ( renewed every two years ) as this can make a difference. I understand that the German Study visa is a temporary residence permit limited to the duration of the studies, so your actual residency is located in Spain and you are in Germany on a temporary basis. In theory, you must not be out of the country for more than 6 months per year, otherwise you can lose the residency status and have problems at the time of renewal.

I recommend you to file your renewal application as usual and if the immigration officer has issues after checking your passport you can explain the situation, as it will most probably not be something new to them. If you hold a long stay residence permit, you will have no problems.

Best Regards,

04-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Hello Patricia

Thank You very Much for your time .
Well , you exactly understand my situation . As long as the validity date concern , its valid up to October of this year however my Spanish residence card is valid till next month . So(As i said i am going to renew my Spanish card this month) , Is their any chance that the immigration officer will put any objection , and if he do so , so i have to submit the written proof for example my travel ticket itinerary to prove that i was in Spain after every month or 2 .
Would it Work ??
Or any advice you ll give me ?

Thanks Once again .

Best Regards

04-03-2012, 12:47 PM

The Immigration officer will check the stamps on your passport that indicate when you have entered and left Spain so I do not see any need for you to show the travel tickets unless that officer requires them, though if necessary these can serve as proof to justify the amount of time out of the country.