View Full Version : self employed in Spain

03-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Hello, I've just come across your forum on the internet and hope you can help me with my query. I am a freelance English teacher and fully registered in Spain. I now realize that I should have filled in a double taxation form, which I'm about to do. Also, I have recently started to receive a small pension from the UK. Because of this pension I have received a form to fill in from the UK Tax Office. Query: Do I need to tell the UK tax office about my earnings in Spain, self-employment? I am resident here.

03-29-2012, 08:22 AM
Good morning Maggie,

If you are a fiscal resident here in Spain, then you will need to declare your worldwide income in this country. This will include your UK pension.

I donīt believe that you need to inform the UK Tax authorities on your self-employment income, however this can be best answered by an UK accountant or even the Inland Revenue.

03-29-2012, 12:43 PM
Thanks you for your help. I have always declared my earning and my UK pension to the Spanish authorities. I will contact the Inland Revenue ask them.