View Full Version : opening a shop in spain

02-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Hello my name is juan and i live in spain i have a "permiso de residencia" and a passport from the middle east ,that is a first time residencia so i have now and is writen on it that "not autorized for working".
A friend of mine wants to open a shop and i want to buy half of the shop and became an investor in the shop , is this possibole with my visa , im not going to work in the shop but i will get money from having 50%.

02-29-2012, 01:46 PM
Hello Aviz,

I believe we are already in contact via e-mail.

As a non EU individual, you can buy shares in a Spanish company and get your profit from it, but not be a company director nor have a self-employed activity unless you apply for a self-employed work and residence permit. If your intention is to carry out a business activity, I believe you will have to apply for the Self-employed work and residence permit.

A self-employed activity means that you will pay your own Social Security as a self-employed individual that does not work for a third party and is not subject to a job contract. As a self employed individual you invoice your clients/customers for your services. A company Director must be registered as a self employed individual to manage his business, hire employees, etc.

If you manage the store and work there you will need to register as a self employed.


12-17-2013, 11:53 AM
Putting up a business requires big capital.
It is also risky.

01-15-2017, 12:54 PM
Dear Patricia Martin. my name is afzal. my question is similar to Avis i am pakistani national living and working in dubai. i want to open one mobile phones shop in spain. i have my friend there he has 5 year residence. i will invest and he will run that bussiness there investment will be around 25 thousands euro. can i register that bussiness on my name as a non resident? my friend will be my employe ? or he should be must partner? how tax will go? and this type of business will be helpful to get my spain residency in future?

01-16-2017, 01:54 PM
Hello Afzal

I recommend you the Self Employed work and residence permit application once you have formed a company, where your Spanish partner can be a joint shareholder and Director with you. I have already sent you the exact permit application requirements by email. The business plan must commit to employ at least one worker in the company.

The main documentation needs to prove the investment made is in line with the business plan requirements , a well defined business project validated by a recognized self employed workers´ association in Spain, a clean police records certificate, and a medical certificate indicating you are free of infectious diseases and not subject to quarantine.

The whole process can take up to 4 months and the first permit is valid for one year, renewable for two years twice, until 5 years are completed. You will be able to access a PR after that period of time.