PDA

View Full Version : Bail problem in Catalunya

madmart1
02-10-2012, 04:36 AM
Hi all hoping somebody here can help me , I purchased a 5 ha Finca in rural Tarragona province in 2004 . In 2006 I stared to build an almacen of approx 80 sq mtrs , as the bricks came to the 3rd level ( about 80cms) I was told to stop and apply for permission , I stopped but never got round to apply for the permission to build the almacen . In Jan 2009 I was summoned to go and see a magistrate this I did and was told that I would be informed if there would be any further action , I did not hear from them again by letter or any other means . We left Spain in late 2010 as my wife had a baby . Last year in June I travelled to the Finca again , but found that our caravan had been ransacked and everything stolen I went to the police ( mosso's ) only to find that I had missed a court date that nobody had told me about they then bailed me to appear and sign every 15 days at the court or the police station , I was not given a lawyer or translator at this time . I was told by the lady in the court that I could come back and ask for the bail to be lifted , but when I returned to the court this lady was on holiday and nobody else could speak any english at all . I had to return to the UK with my family but would like to go back to Spain to sort this problem out , what are my options and am I in very big trouble ? All help and advice would be great thanks ps sorry for the length of this post

Patricia
02-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Hello Madmart1,

An administrative file must have been opened against you due to the fact that you have built a construction without the due permission, that leads to the final demolition of the building. The cost of the demolition and the fine are requested by law, therefore, we recommend you to hire the services of a local solicitor that can deal with the matter and inform you on the court proceedings as well as manage and inform you of any formal notifications.

Regards,