PDA

View Full Version : How to check status of divorce in spain

Unregistered
01-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Hello
Can Any body guide me pls

About 06 months before i hired a lawyer for divorce but still i did not get any improvement by documentry in my case. But when i discuss with my lawyer she says everthing is OK. Soon you will get divorce. so my question is

1. FROM WHERE IN COURT OR ANY OFFICE (I m living in Reus (Taragona) I CAN CHECK STATUS OF MY DIVORCE CASE.
Because i did not receive any document by court at my adress.

Awaiting ur guidance pls.

Marta
02-28-2012, 08:09 AM
Hello,

Apologies for the late reply. If you know which court has been taking care of your divorce, we advise you to go there and to ask for the secretario judicial. If you don't know which court it is but you know the city where this is being arranged, you must go to the Oficina de Registro of all courts and by letting them know your name, they will help you know where your file is located. Once you know where this is then you must speak to the secretario judicial and ask for an update of your file. If this fails but you know the name of the procurador ( court agent) who is taking care of this matter contact him so that he lets you know which court and proceedings it is. If you still have difficulties, change lawyers and ask your lawyer to contact the procurador.