PDA

View Full Version : Nationality

Unregistered
01-06-2012, 03:01 AM
Hi
I am living in spain for last 3 years . i came here through the option (Reagrupación familiar). i was 17 years old when i came to spain and got the residence permit with my father.
Now this year , My father is going to apply for Spanish Nationality (10 YEARS RESIDENCE BASES) .
I am almost 20 Yrs now .I m studying and dependent on my father . I wanna ask

Would i get nationality with my Father by any option ????
or
When can i apply for spanish nationality ???

PLEASE GUIDE ME .
THANKS

Marta
01-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Hello,

If you have no blood links to a Spanish citizen nor are married to one, you will be able to opt for Spanish citizenship after a ten year residence period.

Sammy
01-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Hello Marta

My apoligies for commenting on someone elses link...I am new to the site and found this the easier way.

My husband and i have been married for nearly 6 years now, we got married in La Oliva in Fuerteventura. I am a British Citizen with Spanish residency and my husband is Moroccan with Spanish residency. We have both been living in Fuerteventura for the last 10 years. 11 years in August. My husband wants to apply for a Spanish passport and we are getting alot of contradicting advice as to how we can or if we can do this because of him being Moroccan. He has been working over here on and off for the last 10 years and on contract. How long does he have to reside here to be able to apply for a Spanish passport and how do we go about applying?

Thankyou for your time in this matter and look forward to your responce.

Kindest regards

Samantha

Marta
01-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Hi Sammy,

No worries! I believe my colleague Patricia is already in contact with you relating the same matter. So I will leave you to it. Regards, Marta