PDA

View Full Version : Tenancy agreement problems

Pusscat
12-03-2011, 05:04 PM
We have been living in our property since 1993.

Our landlord recently tried to serve notice on us, this was thrown out of court due to us being assured tenants.

He has since passed the property onto a letting agent who came to inspect the property and inventory the walls in it. Everything else here is owned by us.

We signed an AST in 2004 as our landlord told us he wanted to re-mortgage the property to make some improvements, but he never did. We did not sign any documentation to agree this, and believe this contract cancels out due to us being assured tenants?

They are bringing a contract for us to sign, which my husband told them we won't be doing due to our tenanc. The letting agents said it makes no difference what the courts said, and that we are controlled tenants and not assured.

I find it hard to believe that a letting agent can overrule a courts decision and would like some advice on the matter?

Unregistered
12-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Perhaps I should re-word that slightly.

I find it hard to believe the letting agent thinks they know more than the courts?........

Patricia
02-24-2012, 04:41 PM
Hello Pusscat,

I believe your case takes place in the UK, as we have no AST in Spain. Unfortunately I am unable to assist as we are a Spanish Law firm and have no professional knowledge of UK Law. I recommend you to post your query in a UK law forum.

Regards,