PDA

View Full Version : Internet speed

GranadaAndy
12-02-2011, 11:37 AM
I have a contract with Iberbanda for my Internet access. The contract is for 1Mbps download speed. I live in the campo and cannot get an ADSL landline to my house.

Two months ago my Internet speed dropped to an average of .48 of the 1Mbps, less than half. Sometime the speed drops to .25, a quarter of my contract with Iberbanda.
I have contacted them and I get brushed off with a statment that says they 'Legallyl' only have to provide me with 10% of the contract speed, in real terms that is 0.10 Kbps of 1Mbps.

Iberbanda have not been helpful with this and I find this unacceptable

I wondered if anyone out there can help with the legal side of this AND is there some official office that I can complain to.

Patricia
12-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Hello Granada Andy,

You can file a complaint at the Consummers Office, which is the usual procedure in these cases. However, you can go a step further and, with the aid of a solicitor, send a registered letter to the Telecommunications Users Costumers Service Office - Atencion del Usuario de Telecomunicaciones-, that is an official body dependent on the Minsitry of Industry. Telecommunications companies do not like to be reported to this entity so a complaint addreseed to this body can be much more effective.

Best Regards,

GranadaAndy
12-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Thanks Patricia. I will take that advice on and will see what Iberbanda say next. I will let you know
Regards
Andy