PDA

View Full Version : Speeding Fines

GranadaAndy
09-19-2011, 08:49 AM
I just want to pass on my recent experience regarding speeding fines.
In March 2008 I sold a car to another expat and attended with him to the gerstoria to ensure that the vehicle had no embargos and that the transfer would be completed. This was duly done.

Last month my bank card stopped working together with my wifes. I asked at my bank and they informed me that there was an embargo on my bank account and it had been frozen. This was due to the fact that 'somebody' wanted 2340 euro from me. The bank teller was unable to tel me why. I attended another office to discover that the fines were for speeding offences commited by the new owner of the car.

It appears that during the transition of ownership change with Traffico he was driving like an idiot to Madrid and back on a weekly basis. He in his own right, has had speeding tickets to the tune of 4000 euro.

They tell me that letters were sent to me together with letters demanding to know who the driver was of the car. I did not recieve any of these notifications so I am stuck with this huge bill due to no fault of my own.

I did say that this was to warn other people what can happen, BUT, if anyone can offer any advice as to how I sort this mess out without incurring to much more expence.
Thanks